Windows 10: Media Driver Missing

Discus and support Media Driver Missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Right off the bat, I'm on Linux Mint, trying to install windows again for a dual boot. I've already made sure the ISO is no corrupted, (downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by indevbrian, May 10, 2019.

1. Media Driver Missing

Right off the bat, I'm on Linux Mint, trying to install windows again for a dual boot. I've already made sure the ISO is no corrupted, (downloaded twice, built a VM with both, even tried windows 8, all have the same problem) I've tried the unplug half way through method, doesn't work. In my UEFI my SATA uptions are AHCI or RAID, I keep it as AHCI but I'm not installing to a SATA drive anyways (NVMe) If there is a legacy USB thing, I can't find it. Tried with a USB 3 drive in a USB 3 port, a USB 2 port, and a USB 2 drive in a USB 2 port, USB 3 port.

Ok so how I got to this position: I built a new computer a few weeks ago, spec list at bottom, put in an NVidia GPU and installed drivers, long story short it didn't work as expected so I switched back to my AMD GPU. Tried uninstalling NVidia drivers but something got left behind and was significantly reducing my GPU performance. I took ownership of my system32 file, and deleted all NVidia folders and files. That fixed all performance issues, next day partway a warning saying I needed to activate windows popped up in the bottom right. I spent quite some time trying to fix it, couldn't run the troubleshooter, got this error 0xC0000022, from what I could find, it was because a software security service or something couldn't run without the right permissions, tried everything to get it to run, giving ownership of system32 back to TrustedInstaller, system, myself. Couldn't get it to run. Reset windows but kept my files. Didn't work. Hard reset windows, didn't work. Downloaded linux mint to try and fully remove windows before reinstalling, then dualbooting keeping mint as a sort of backup, something that should always work. Downloaded the ISO from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10ISO right clicked on the ISO and clicked make bootable USB stick, setup a 120GB ntfs partition on my drive. Doesn't work. For confirmation that the USB's work, A) When I first built my PC I installed windows 10 with my usb 3 stick. B) I've run gparted and ubuntu live off both sticks. I've reinstalled my UEFI version 2 incase that matters, didn't do anything.

Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

GPU: Gigabyte RX570 4GB

GPU I tested: A gts450 disguised as a 1050Ti with a 1050Ti VGA BIOS

Drivers link for that GPU: https://www.nvidia.cn/download/driverResults.aspx/114481/cn

NVMe Drive: WD Black 250gb

HDD: st1000lm035 (from laptop)

Memory: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK16G4M2B3200C16W).

:)

indevbrian, May 10, 2019

2. A media driver your computer needs is missing HELP!!

Hi Jimmy,

In most cases, this issue is caused by a corrupted ISO file.

We suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article.
    It will give you information and resolution about the issue.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, May 10, 2019
  3. Hp Envy Driver missing

Hi Mohsin,

• Are you referring the missing driver as the High Definition Audio device
      with a yellow mark in the screenshot?

This issue could have happened due to corrupted driver files. Let's try reinstalling the driver and check if the driver can be recovered. Follow the below steps to re-install the driver.

• As you are already on the device manager, right-click on High Definition Audio device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to run the Hardware troubleshooter;

• Type troubleshooting in the search tool.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and
      Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware
      and Device Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, May 10, 2019
  4. Media Driver Missing

Windows installation failing : Error CD/DVD driver is missing

Hi ElisandroDos,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model number of the computer?

Please refer the article
    CD/DVD drive device driver is missing
    for the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Media Driver Missing

1. Media Driver Missing - Similar Threads - Media Driver Missing

2. Missing media driver windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing media driver windows 11: I am getting an error every time I try to install windows 11 I have meet the minimum requirements for it I gotten a new motherboard cpu and ram the motherboard is as rock b450m pro4 r2.0...
  3. Windows 10 Media Instalation is missing "Media Drivers"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Media Instalation is missing "Media Drivers": System info at the bottom.After changing out hard drives and trying to reinstall Windows 10, I now encounter an error.A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it,...
  4. Windows 10 Media Instalation is missing "Media Drivers"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Media Instalation is missing "Media Drivers": System info at the bottom.After changing out hard drives and trying to reinstall Windows 10, I now encounter an error.A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it,...
  5. Windows 10 Media Instalation is missing "Media Drivers"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. A Media Driver Is missing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Media Driver Is missing Windows 11: A media driver is missing this error appears everytime i try to install windows 11.i have tried changing my bios setting from sata to ahcii have tried using different portsi have tried to install drivers onto it i have tried the diskpart method in which i fomat my SSD with...
  7. A Media Driver Is missing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Media Driver Is missing Windows 11: A media driver is missing this error appears everytime i try to install windows 11.i have tried changing my bios setting from sata to ahcii have tried using different portsi have tried to install drivers onto it i have tried the diskpart method in which i fomat my SSD with...
  8. Media Drivers missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Drivers missing: Im curently running ubuntu and want to setup a dual boot with windows. Upon trying to install the windows installer says im missing drivers for my computer. I tried putting my cpu/gpu driver with it but it doesnt seem to care. My biggest problem is I want to know what drivers...
  9. Media Disconnected & Missing Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Disconnected & Missing Drivers: Currently, I am using my HP laptop with the most updated version of Windows 10. I have been having internet issues with blank pages, waiting for websites, and timing out of connections. I had decided to pull up my IP Configuration and noticed 4 separate network drivers with...
  10. Missing media drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing media drivers: I’m currently trying to install windows 10 onto my new gaming pc but missing media drivers keeps popping up.i have tried all The common fixes off google but nothing is working,please help Specs are Ryzen 5 2600 Radeon rx570 graphics card Asrock b450m pro4-f mobo submitted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media driver missing