Windows 10: Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are missing

Discus and support Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i tried to install Windows, i Hit install now, selected my language and then i got the Error Message: Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maik_wst, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are missing

When i tried to install Windows, i Hit install now, selected my language and then i got the Error Message: Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are missing

My Specs: Asus x470 pro, AMD ryzen 5 2600x, Asus arez strix Vega 56

submitted by /u/maik_wst
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maik_wst, Nov 2, 2019

2. A media driver your computer needs is missing HELP!!

Hi Jimmy,

In most cases, this issue is caused by a corrupted ISO file.

We suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article.
    It will give you information and resolution about the issue.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Windows installation failing : Error CD/DVD driver is missing

Hi ElisandroDos,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model number of the computer?

Please refer the article
    CD/DVD drive device driver is missing
    for the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are missing

A media driver your computer needs is missing.

Hi Tyrell,

Are you trying to install Windows? If yes, check this steps and see if it works.

Method 1. Re-plug your USB

1. Click Cancel on the pop-up error you've receive.
    2. Unplug the USB drive from your PC when the Windows installation returns on your screen.
    3. Re-plug USB and try to install Windows.
    Method 2. Look for another USB port on your device.

Method 3. If the issue still persists, you can change the settings in BIOS. BIOS configuration settings might be the reason why you're getting that error message.

1. Change the USB 3.0 support
      • Sometimes the install media doesn’t have native support for USB3.0. If there is any settings for USB 3.0 support in BIOS, change it to
        Auto or Disabled.
    2. Change the SATA to IDE
      • Wrong SATA mode can also cause the problem. If your machine is using IDE, but the install media boots with SATA, it can result in the problem. You can try the instructions below to change it in BIOS or UEFI (the specific steps
        may vary from different computers):
        1. Boot your computer into BIOS, then go to Advanced or Storage Configuration (or Drive Configuration or IDE Configuration).
        2. Go to SATA Mode (or Set SATA As, or SATA Configuration).
        3. Change its option to IDE or Compatible or
          ATA
        4. Save the settings and try to install Windows again.
    Note: Please refer to your device manufacturer for assistance in changing your BIOS/firmware settings.

We'll be here when you post back.

Justine Pel, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are missing

1. Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are missing - Similar Threads - Media Driver Computer

2. "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing": I have Ubuntu 22.04 installed for a temporary substitute.I used my Balena Etcher on my Macbook to flash the windows 11 iso file into my usb. I plugged into the computer.I clicked on "Install now""A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard...
  3. "A media driver your computer needs is missing."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing.": ..."This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.Note: If the installation media for Windows is in the DVD drive or on a USB drive, you can safely remove it for this step."This is the...
  4. A media driver your computer needs is missing....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A media driver your computer needs is missing....: Trying to install win10 on a new computer that I just built. It is b550 plus with an amd cpu. It has no disc drive so I’m trying to boot from usb, however it does not detect the drivers needed. I’ve tried unplugging and replaying the usb in between, as well as Reddit -...
  5. A media driver your computer needs is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A media driver your computer needs is missing: Recently my windows 10 install broke on windows update, figured it's probably time to reinstall instead of fixing it so I download the iso from microsoft (windows 10 2004), it installs fine under a VM, the ISO appears to work. so I write the image to my usb stick using dd:...
  6. media driver your computer needs is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media driver your computer needs is missing: Hello, I recently just built a new pc and bought windows to download onto it. I used a usb flash drive to install windows from my laptop so that I could insert the drive into my pc and download windows. When doing this I get an error message on my newly built pc that a drive...
  7. A Media Driver Your Computer Needs Is Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A Media Driver Your Computer Needs Is Missing: Hey, I put in a computer not long ago. I wanted to install Windows on it today. It would seem nothing simpler. I have never had problems with it until today. I don't know how to fix it. I tried installing drivers for SSD on m.2 straight from the motherboard manufacturer's...
  8. A Media Driver your computer needs is missing.

A Media Driver your computer needs is missing.: [ATTACH]Hello, everyone. A couple of days in the past I ran into a problem. Like what the subject said. A media my computer needs is missing. I tried looking thos problem up but nothing worked. I tried reinstalling the ISO FILE(windows 10 64bit). Put in all of my USB ports....
  9. A media driver your computer needs is missing.

A media driver your computer needs is missing.: It says I need to plug a usb even tho its already plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/a-media-driver-your-computer-needs-is-missing/de504c62-345c-4f08-aa0a-1d4435cebd6c
  10. A media driver your computer needs is missing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A media driver your computer needs is missing.: it says it cant detect the media driver even tho my usb is plugged in, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/a-media-driver-your-computer-needs-is-missing/0ae312ac-73b1-4e6d-9b7a-be503084f698