Windows 10: Media feature for version 1909 missing

Discus and support Media feature for version 1909 missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So one day I tried to play my videos but when I opened the video it said that there was a problem. I ignored it and moved on. Another day, I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shreyansh Dasari, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Media feature for version 1909 missing

So one day I tried to play my videos but when I opened the video it said that there was a problem.

I ignored it and moved on.

Another day, I tried to download PS4 Remote Play. but it didn't work. It told me I needed to download media feature pack. It gave me the link to the official download page. I checked my version and clicked version 1909 as my laptop ran on Windows 10 1909. It told me I can do it by going into optional features in apps & features. I went into optional features, searched for media feature pack but it was missing.

While I was on the official media feature pack download page, I saw that media feature pack was needed for other normal apps too such as Movies&TV. This is when I knew that this was the problem for both the apps.

Someone please help me with this.

Thanks,

Shreyansh

:)

Shreyansh Dasari, Feb 25, 2021
  2. mjb24v Win User
    mjb24v, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Completely missing Dot Net in Windows 10 -1909?

.NET Framework is built-into Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows 10 version 1909. It is not possible for at least this version of the .NET Framework to be installed.

The error you have received, is likely due to the fact the application you are attempting to use, is specifically trying to target a version of the .NET Framework you don't have installed. I suggest using official Microsoft tool to download a Windows 10 version 1909 ISO. You can use the Media Creation Tool and/or the Upgrade Assistant. Windows ISO Downloader was only recently updated to support .NET Framework 4.8 on November 8th 2019. If you were not using Version 8.22, and would like to still use the tool, you need to download that version.

RaymondCC .NET Detector looks at registry keys that are created when you install .NET Framework. It does not support the .NET Framework version that are included with Windows 8.0+

The built-in version of the .NET Framework for Windows 10 version 1903 was .NET Framework 4.8

.NET Framework 4.5+ has never been located in the list of Windows Features for any version of Windows. The lack of .NET Framework 3.5 is likely due to your WinSxS directory not containing it.

You can install .NET Framework 3.5 if you run the same command you ran, but provide a source, to the components you need.

This is due to the fact the .Net Framework 4.8 is already installed on Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows 10 version 1909. .NET Framework 4.8 is an in-place upgrade to .NET Framework 4.5

This normally only happens when you have moved vital folders like the user's profile to a non-standard location.

Your inability to install .NET Framework 3.5 is extremely easy to fix and likely the reason your unable to run the third-party application. Perform the following steps to solve that problem.

1. Download a Windows 10 version 1909 ISO
    2. Mount the ISO within Windows 10
    3. Run the following command, the command assumes, the drive letter assigned to the virtual mount is D:
      • DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs

Source: Deploy .NET Framework 3.5 by using Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)

Ramhound, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Media feature for version 1909 missing

Media Feature Pack for Windowa 10 home, version 1909

Is there a media feature pack available for windows 10 home version 1909? or are there any alternatives that I can download? I have tried the latest media feature pack on the Microsoft website which was not supported by my version of windows. Please help.

BharathThiru, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Media feature for version 1909 missing

1. Media feature for version 1909 missing - Similar Threads - Media feature version

2. Media Feature Pack missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack missing?: Hello, I am running on a custom built Windows 10 home. Everything was working fine until one day my "Windows Media Feature Pack" goes missing and I have no way of downloading it since the download is reserved for Windows 10N users. It is gone from the "optional features" tab...
  3. Media Feature Pack missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack missing?: Hello, I am running on a custom built Windows 10 home. Everything was working fine until one day my "Windows Media Feature Pack" goes missing and I have no way of downloading it since the download is reserved for Windows 10N users. It is gone from the "optional features" tab...
  4. Media feature Pack for 1909 os

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media feature Pack for 1909 os: Hello, I need help with my media feature pack for os build 1909. I have downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231. I've also done a clean boot for windows. That did not help. To show you what I mean in depth, please look here:...
  5. Media Feature Pack 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack 1909: Hi...When I navigate to System-->App-->Add Feature The Media Feature Pack does not show up on the list? How can I add that to the list? Please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-feature-pack-1909/c9089cc5-14d3-46f7-bce7-cf2b7b5cd871
  6. Can't find the Media Feature Player for Windows 10 1909 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find the Media Feature Player for Windows 10 1909 version: I was trying to install the Windows Media Feature Player for my windows 10 version 1909 but could not find it anywhere in the optional features settings. Can anyone help ma with this?...
  7. Feature update to Windows,version 1909

Feature update to Windows,version 1909: I want to know the size of the update. Is it possible to download it over a period of time or it should be downloaded at one gowithout switching the laptop off. I can use only 1.5GB of data for a single day. Pls help me to solve the problem......
  8. Awaiting Media Feature Pack for version 1909 - May 7 2020

Awaiting Media Feature Pack for version 1909 - May 7 2020: Hello Community, Can anybody tell me when a Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 version 1909 would be due out, or if it is already available? The feature pack is critical for my Windows 10 to be able to run a new install of Adobe Photoshop remedies a persistent...
  9. Media Feature Pack for Windowa 10 home, version 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Feature Pack for Windowa 10 home, version 1909: Is there a media feature pack available for windows 10 home version 1909? or are there any alternatives that I can download? I have tried the latest media feature pack on the Microsoft website which was not supported by my version of windows. Please help....
  10. Feature Update version 1909

Feature Update version 1909: Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1909 is still offered as an optional update. Frankly this update being offered as optional makes me hesitate if I should go ahead to apply it or wait until it is offered as a necessary, not an optional update. I am under the impression...