Windows 10: Media Foundation does not recognize virtual cams

Discus and support Media Foundation does not recognize virtual cams in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Media Foundation to enumerate and capture from camera devices. It recognizes the USB camera connected to laptop but does not recognize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Parvez_Ahmed, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Media Foundation does not recognize virtual cams

Hi,

I am using Media Foundation to enumerate and capture from camera devices. It recognizes the USB camera connected to laptop but does not recognize few of the virtual cam software like Chroma Cam etc. Same behavior is seen on the application that builds out of Microsoft's sample code of media foundation.
    This however works fine on a direct show based app.

Is it not supported in media foundation ? If yes, then when is this support expected to come ?

Thanks

Parvez

:)

Parvez_Ahmed, Apr 30, 2019

2. Media Foundation Protected Pipeline EXE Netflix.

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Rohit Siddegowda
    in this
    thread
    posted on December 14, 2013. You can also find some
    helpful work around for Netflix
    from the said thread.

If you have questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Shlaymeh Win User
    Lenovo w520 upgraded to windows 10 does not recognize any cam

I have a Lenovo Laptop W520 which I upgraded 2 years ago from the original Windows 7 to Windows 10
    No cam problems at all - ie the Lenovo cam worked with Windows 10
    10 days ago the internal cam not recognize (see pic #1)
    Soon after I noticed also USB external Logitec 9000 web cam also not recognized on laptop (updated drivers installed for windows 10 and this cam works on another computer )

Microsoft says now after removing and re-installing driver - that it will never work because the Lenovo drivers are only for windows 7. But it worked just fine until 10 days ago on windows 10
    Media Foundation does not recognize virtual cams [​IMG]

Microsoft says they cannot help because driver is only for windows 7 (even tho it worked for 2 years)
    Lenovo says they cannot help because they are not planing any upgrade for this integrated web cam to windows 10

I tied unsuccessful restore - I tried returning to previous windows 10 build Nada

Microsoft is now suggesting I return completely to windows 7 but I will loose all of my data programs links etc etc

can I fix this myself?

Is there anything I can do to FORCE my laptop to recognize the internal cam or a logitec cam?
    Perhaps a driver that is not exactly made for this computer but will force it to recognize the cam?

Shlaymeh, Apr 30, 2019
  4. TeeBones Win User

Media Foundation does not recognize virtual cams

Media Foundation Protected Pipeline

Whenever I'm watching Netflix, Media Foundation Protected Pipeline CPU usage spikes to anywhere from 30%-50%, which seems wildly excessive

TeeBones, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Media Foundation does not recognize virtual cams

1. Media Foundation does not recognize virtual cams - Similar Threads - Media Foundation does

2. WIndows media foundation required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows media foundation required: I am running Windows 10 Home edition on my Lenovo Laptop. It is not version N or KN, just regular Windows 10 Home. Every time I boot I get this popup below. There does not seem like there is a way to fix this on a non-N machine. Please help....
  3. WIndows media foundation required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows media foundation required: I am running Windows 10 Home edition on my Lenovo Laptop. It is not version N or KN, just regular Windows 10 Home. Every time I boot I get this popup below. There does not seem like there is a way to fix this on a non-N machine. Please help....
  4. WIndows media foundation required

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cam and Cam 2 cam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cam and Cam 2 cam: I am having trouble with my usb cam and laptop cam. I can see people but they cannot see me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cam-and-cam-2-cam/99a5b7f8-19ee-4132-ab64-eae63656059e
  6. DVD on Win10 system does not recognize writeable media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD on Win10 system does not recognize writeable media: The DVD drive on my new Dell XPS-8930 with full recent Win 10 update except the latest KB4537572 does not recognize writable media. The DVD reads media that already has content, however when I put a blank disk in it, and click on the drive in Win Explorer, the system...
  7. Windows media player does not recognize :D disc

Windows media player does not recognize :D disc: I have all my music on the :D disc and Windows Media Player does not recognise this disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-does-not-recognize-d-disc/cea77b98-7945-40a1-8f8b-43ddb2d4ef3d
  8. Device Manager in windows 10 does not recognize my Logictech C920 web cam.

Device Manager in windows 10 does not recognize my Logictech C920 web cam.: The only camera that comes up is the integrated web cam. the mic for the C920 web cam shows up, but not the camera itself. I have tried downloaded the latest drivers, unplugged and replugged in the camera. The USB does work, I plugged in the plug for my wireless mouse and...
  9. Media Foundation does not work with capture cards

Media Foundation does not work with capture cards: Hi, I am using Media Foundation to enumerate and capture from camera devices. It throws up an error when I try to select a capture card device . Same behavior is seen on the application that builds out of Microsoft's sample code of media foundation. Error code received is...
  10. Lenovo w520 upgraded to windows 10 does not recognize any cam

Lenovo w520 upgraded to windows 10 does not recognize any cam: I have a Lenovo Laptop W520 which I upgraded 2 years ago from the original Windows 7 to Windows 10 No cam problems at all - ie the Lenovo cam worked with Windows 10 10 days ago the internal cam not recognize (see pic #1) Soon after I noticed also USB external Logitec 9000...