Windows 10: Media Keys in Spotify

Discus and support Media Keys in Spotify in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Media keys for Spotify have just stopped working. It is a really useful feature for gamers, you know. I use Microsoft bluetooth keyboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ashley Reynolds1, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Media Keys in Spotify

Media keys for Spotify have just stopped working. It is a really useful feature for gamers, you know. I use Microsoft bluetooth keyboard.

:)

Ashley Reynolds1, Dec 9, 2018

2. Unable to use Media Keys in Spotify Application

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try the below methods and see if this works.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service.

Close Spotify before performing the below steps.

Step 1: Press the Windows key and the
    R
    key from your keyboard and type Msconfig and hit
    Enter

Step 2: Go to Services tab and look for
    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
    > Uncheck the box beside to this service > Click on
    Apply > OK.

Once you have performed the above steps, launch Spotify and check for the issue.

Method 2: Disable Google Play Music Extension.

Step 1: If you are using Google Chrome, then launch Google Chrome.

Step 2: At the top right of Google Chrome, click More >
    More tools > Extensions.

Step 3: Look for Google Play Music extension and click on
    Disable.

Once you have performed the above steps, launch Spotify and check for the issue.

Method 3: Restart Human Interface Device Service.

Step 1: Press the Windows key and the
    R
    key from your keyboard and type Services.msc and hit
    Enter

Step 2: Then, locate for Human Interface Device Service from the list and look for the status of this service whether the service is started or stopped.

Step 3: If the service is stopped, then click on the Human Interface Device Service and click on
    Start.

Step 4: If the service is already started, then click on
    Restart
    to restart the service.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Unable to use Media Keys in Spotify Application

Hi guys.

First time posting a question, so please be gentle!

My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more.

It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary soundtracks.

I'm using Microsoft's "design" bluetooth keyboard.

I've rebooted to no avail and have checked similar questions on here with no luck.

I'd like to think i'm pretty tech literate compared to the average, so please send me any suggestions for a fix.

Thanks.

***Moved From: Windows 10/Devices & drivers***

****Changed Original Title From: Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?***

Mothical_wonder, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Media Keys in Spotify

Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Media Keys in Spotify

1. Media Keys in Spotify - Similar Threads - Media Keys Spotify

2. Dismiss Spotify windows media key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dismiss Spotify windows media key?: Most people look to disable the media pop up all together but I don't mind it... as long as I can dismiss it. Now the way I dismiss it with all my other apps, and the way It's worked with Spotify in the past you just click on a blank area of the pop up and it goes away...
  3. media keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    media keys: Need help, media keys are not working. I have a steel series 7 tkl, I have plugged it into a different computer to see if it is the keyboard.. It is not. It worked fine. It would seem the media keys have been stopped. They do not work on my headset either. Is there something...
  4. Media control bar not working with Spotify desktop app

Media control bar not working with Spotify desktop app: [ATTACH] I could be posting on the wrong sub, so apologies in advance if I am. I run Windows 10 and when I change my volume, the floating media control bar that appears showing the play/pause, skip forward and backward buttons doesn't seem to pop up anymore with the...
  5. Is There an Option to Move The Spotify Media Overlay?

Is There an Option to Move The Spotify Media Overlay?: I honestly Don't mind the overlay. I actually like it, but it covers the screen while I'm watching a video or playing games. Is there an option to move it to my second monitor? I know there is an option to completely remove it, and that's it but I wanna keep it. It'd be nice...
  6. Unable to use Media Keys in Spotify Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use Media Keys in Spotify Application: Hi guys. First time posting a question, so please be gentle! My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more. It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary...
  7. Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?: Hi guys. First time posting a question, so please be gentle! My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more. It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary...
  8. Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?: Hi guys. First time posting a question, so please be gentle! My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more. It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary...
  9. Media buttons not working (play pause skip ...) Spotify

Media buttons not working (play pause skip ...) Spotify: Hi First off: My drivers are up to date as from August 15, 2015 and it didn't solve anything. The problem: My media buttons (the ones on my keyboard {picture below} of my Razer keyboard and my HP Spectre x360 Laptop) don't skip, pause or play a song in...
  10. Spotify

Spotify: I uninstalled Spotify, and searched the registry and removed any Spotify entries that were found. I also used the Everything search program to look for Spotify and I deleted the items it found, which included prefetch items. However, every time I start my PC the messages...