Windows 10: Media Keys not working entirely.

Discus and support Media Keys not working entirely. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Logitech G510S keyboard, and the media keys have limited functionality. The fast-forward and previous song buttons work fine, but the Stop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wizard-Ancrath, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Media Keys not working entirely.

I have a Logitech G510S keyboard, and the media keys have limited functionality. The fast-forward and previous song buttons work fine, but the Stop and Pause buttons don't Stop or Pause the current media. They instead bring up the little rectangle that indicates what is currently playing and whether or not it is paused but do nothing else. The fact that there is some input leads me to believe that it is not a hardware problem, but I could be wrong.

submitted by /u/Wizard-Ancrath
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wizard-Ancrath, Sep 21, 2020
  2. mino1337 Win User

Fn key/media keys not working

Hi community,

Problem:

• I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key.
    Description:

1. My Fn key does not work sometimes.
    2. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't.

Why I think it's a software issue:

• I went through the dell diagnosing tool ( something like bios) to see if the key went bad but it works there.

What I think the problem is:

1. Some service fails to boot .
    2. some app is taking over the media keys control.
    I hope someone can solve this.

Thank you.

mino1337, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Keyboard Media/Volume keys not working, only on this computer, and only this keyboard

The media keys, volume knob, sleep button and mute button on my "Das Keyboard 4 Professional" keyboard stopped working a few weeks ago after a reboot that I think was caused by a Windows Update.

I've tried the following steps to try and solve the issue:

• Try a different keyboard - The media keys on a logitech wireless usb keyboard work fine, even in the same USB port.
    • Try keyboard with another PC - When plugged in to my laptop the Das Keyboard media/volume keys work fine.
    • Try another USB port - No difference
    • Tried completely wiping any trace of the keyboard from the registry/device manager, then plugging it in again - No difference.
    • Created a new user on the PC - No difference.
    • Ensured the HID Human Interface Service is running.
    • Disable touch keyboard and related services.

What could be causing this?

Simon Moles, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Media Keys not working entirely.

Media keys not working in win 7

The media keys:

Media Keys not working entirely. Capture025.jpg

on my saitek eclipse II haven't worked since I installed Windows 7.

Anyone else have this issue?

Any fixes?

Thanks *Smile Media Keys not working entirely. :)

oli_ramsay, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Media Keys not working entirely.

1. Media Keys not working entirely. - Similar Threads - Media Keys working

2. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  3. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  4. Media Keys not working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Media Keys not working in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]The multimedia keyboards come with media keys that let users control the media via the keyboard. These media keys include Play, Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Volume Increase, Volume Decrease, etc. If media keys do not work for any reason, you have to use your...
  5. Basic media keys wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Basic media keys wont work: If I'm playing a game on full screen the previous, play, pause and forward key do not work, to be able to replay or skip a song on media. It used to work before on other laptop but now if I'm on full screen I cant use those keys on keyboard. How can I fix this?...
  6. media keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    media keys: Need help, media keys are not working. I have a steel series 7 tkl, I have plugged it into a different computer to see if it is the keyboard.. It is not. It worked fine. It would seem the media keys have been stopped. They do not work on my headset either. Is there something...
  7. Media Keys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Keys not working: Hello! I've looked everywhere and found no working solution for this. I have Three Items that have media keys: Mouse, Keyboard, and stream deck. Pause/Play/Skip etc work fine, but the volume keys do not work at all. The Little box in the top left corner does show up, and...
  8. Media and FN keys not working

Media and FN keys not working: I'm using an Apple wireless keyboard on Windows 10 without any third party software or the bootcamp driver installed and have been using the keyboard fine with media and FN key functioning as normal (volume changing windows system volume, media keys controlling current media...
  9. [BUG] Media keys not working for Itunes?

[BUG] Media keys not working for Itunes?: Basically, my media keys on my keyboard (Corsair K95 platinum) have suddenly stopped pausing/playing/skipping music, for no real reason as far as I can tell. I've had similar issues in the past on different PCs, but don't remember the solution. Any help is appreciated :)...
  10. Fn key/media keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn key/media keys not working: Hi community, Problem: I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key. Description: My Fn key does not work sometimes. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't. Why I think it's a software issue: I went through...