Windows 10: Media keys of a mouse not working on clean install of windows

Discus and support Media keys of a mouse not working on clean install of windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically my windows installation died i reinstalled windows Spotify and chrome it was working but after the 202h update and some security updates I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Amman Janjua, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Media keys of a mouse not working on clean install of windows

Basically my windows installation died i reinstalled windows Spotify and chrome it was working but after the 202h update and some security updates I cant use my media keyswhich are on my mousered dragon M701A

I have installed My mouse's drivers and have scoured the internet for hours.

tried uninstalling updates

Rebooting PC

Have checked chromeits not hijacking controls as it itself is not able to be controlled by the keys

:)

Amman Janjua, Dec 11, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Media keys of a mouse not working on clean install of windows

windows xp pro install mouse not working

i installed xp pro on my friends computer he has a old dell dimension e510 we had to do a clean install because he had a bunch of viruses on his system. when i installed the os it did not pickup the mouse its a wireless logitech mouse and keyboard. so i used the tab key on the keyboard to finish the install after words the mouse still didn't work in windows it was in the devise manager but it wasn't working. we even try'd his old mouse then restarted and it didn't work the system See's it but it wont work. so what can i do you think maybe something burnt out on the motherboard?

skellattarr, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Media keys of a mouse not working on clean install of windows

1. Media keys of a mouse not working on clean install of windows - Similar Threads - Media keys mouse

2. Media Keys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Keys not working: Hello! I've looked everywhere and found no working solution for this. I have Three Items that have media keys: Mouse, Keyboard, and stream deck. Pause/Play/Skip etc work fine, but the volume keys do not work at all. The Little box in the top left corner does show up, and...
  3. Desktop overlay for media not working on clean install of windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop overlay for media not working on clean install of windows: Basically my windows installation died i reinstalled windows Spotify and chrome it was working but after the 202h update and some security updates the overlay doesn't show tried uninstalling updates Rebooting PC any more suggestion would be appreciated...
  4. Clean installation of Windows 10 using installation media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installation of Windows 10 using installation media: Greetings. I am attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 using the instructions found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall . I was able to successfully create the installation media on a USB thumb drive. However, when I performed...
  5. Media keys stopped working after clean installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media keys stopped working after clean installing Windows 10: Hello all. So I own an Asus Vivobook Pro laptop and I recently performed a clean install of Windows 10 and is now up to date with version 1903. However, I noticed that my media keys are now not responding at all when I use Spotify huge user or even for youtube videos in...
  6. Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work

Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work: Hello, I recently built a new PC. My previous version of Windows 10 was installed on my old sata hdd. I upgraded to a new SSD hd and upgraded my motherboard. I ran the install of windows 10 onto my new SSD hd and reformatted my old sata for backup files. When I entered my...
  7. Windows 10 media creation for clean install.

Windows 10 media creation for clean install.: Constantly get this message after trying to download and run the Windows 10 setup. "There was a problem starting setup. Close the tool, restart your pc, and then try running the tool again." Trying to create it on a USB drive....
  8. Windows 10 product key not working after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 product key not working after clean install: I installed windows 10 on top of Windows 7, but then did a clean install afterwards from an image on a USB drive. I wrote down the product key from the first install after scraping it with a program. The clean install of 10 went fine, but it will not accept this product...
  9. Clean install with existing key

Clean install with existing key: I have my Windows 10 Pro since it was available. It was upgrade from Windows 8.1 pro. I want to do clean install in a few days/weeks with the same key. 2 reasons for this: 1. I cannot pass the November update (10586) - I have tried all tips available (even MS rep spent 6+...
  10. Windows 10 clean install no key!

Windows 10 clean install no key!: I experienced a problem with my new PC loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. Some major files were corrupted so I tried to reload it with the disc, but it was in German and it lost me. So I downloaded Windows 10 Home (single language) from Microsoft thinking that my key would...