Windows 10: Media keys on 2 seperate keyboards both no long work anywhere

Discus and support Media keys on 2 seperate keyboards both no long work anywhere in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For a long time, I used media keys while I'm working but a couple of months ago I went to pause a video and the media keys just weren't working. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyGotz, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Media keys on 2 seperate keyboards both no long work anywhere

For a long time, I used media keys while I'm working but a couple of months ago I went to pause a video and the media keys just weren't working. I don't know what happened. even the volume keys are acting weird. they still control the volume but now the slider doesn't show up anywhere. I thought it was the keyboard and bought a new keyboard and these media keys are acting the same. They don't work in browsers or downloaded media players and it's infuriating! Please someone help fix the problem! I've tried everything i could find online! * Moved from Insider

:)

AnthonyGotz, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Keyboard Media/Volume keys not working, only on this computer, and only this keyboard

The media keys, volume knob, sleep button and mute button on my "Das Keyboard 4 Professional" keyboard stopped working a few weeks ago after a reboot that I think was caused by a Windows Update.

I've tried the following steps to try and solve the issue:

• Try a different keyboard - The media keys on a logitech wireless usb keyboard work fine, even in the same USB port.
    • Try keyboard with another PC - When plugged in to my laptop the Das Keyboard media/volume keys work fine.
    • Try another USB port - No difference
    • Tried completely wiping any trace of the keyboard from the registry/device manager, then plugging it in again - No difference.
    • Created a new user on the PC - No difference.
    • Ensured the HID Human Interface Service is running.
    • Disable touch keyboard and related services.

What could be causing this?

Simon Moles, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Media keys on 2 seperate keyboards both no long work anywhere

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Media keys on 2 seperate keyboards both no long work anywhere

1. Media keys on 2 seperate keyboards both no long work anywhere - Similar Threads - Media keys seperate

2. Both shift keys not working on TKL laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both shift keys not working on TKL laptop keyboard: Hi,I am looking for an alternative to the shift key on my TKL laptop keyboard.Below are unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issue;Uninstall reinstall keyboard driverKeyboard troubleshooterSticky Keys uncheckedKey remapping does not workUsing Alt key only activates dialogue...
  3. Both shift keys not working on TKL laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both shift keys not working on TKL laptop keyboard: Hi,I am looking for an alternative to the shift key on my TKL laptop keyboard.Below are unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issue;Uninstall reinstall keyboard driverKeyboard troubleshooterSticky Keys uncheckedKey remapping does not workUsing Alt key only activates dialogue...
  4. Both control keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both control keys not working: Both ctrl keys aren't working on my laptop windows 11, acer aspire 3. I already tried everything I found on the internet like running the keyboard trouble shooter. Pretty sure that it's a software issue since the problem persists since I bought the laptop and concerns both...
  5. Keyboard keys only working after long press

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys only working after long press: I have a surface laptop 3 intel and since yesterdays all the keys on the keyboard only work after pressing for about 4 seconds forever there is also a noise played by the speaker evytime I press a key. I tried running the troubleshooter and it showed no problems, I updated my...
  6. Keyboard keys only working after long press

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys only working after long press: I have a surface laptop 3 intel and since yesterdays all the keys on the keyboard only work after pressing for about 4 seconds forever there is also a noise played by the speaker evytime I press a key. I tried running the troubleshooter and it showed no problems, I updated my...
  7. Both Alt Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both Alt Keys not working: Hi My alt key, both of them, not working. It happened all of a sudden and didn't install any software recently. And I am worried about editing registry files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/both-alt-keys-not-working/ad11f0bb-c742-4708-b9a2-13dffbb49e56
  8. "K" key no long works normally on any keyboard

"K" key no long works normally on any keyboard: Hello all, I've run across an odd issue that I've been ignoring for quite some time, but I thought I should see if anyone else had run a crossed it before. For some odd reason, the k key on my PC has refused to work. It's not my keyboard, as I've tried several including...
  9. 2 keys not working - not even on ’on screen keyboard’

2 keys not working - not even on ’on screen keyboard’: I just bought a new keyboard after I noticed the 4 & 5 alphanumeric keys weren’t working on my old one. But now I have the exact same problem with the new keyboard. Also I’ve found out that the 2 keys aren’t working on the on screen keyboard neither. When I use an online...
  10. Sidewinder X4 Keyboard Media Keys Not Working

Sidewinder X4 Keyboard Media Keys Not Working: Media keys do not work to control iTunes or Groove Music apps. Play button seems to Play and immediately pause again, Next" and "Previous" keys do nothing. Mute and Volume Up and Down keys work fine. Windows 10 PC, i7, lots of ram and big GPU. Microsoft Keyboard and...