Windows 10: Media keys stopped working out of nowhere

Discus and support Media keys stopped working out of nowhere in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Out of nowhere my media keys shifted from a normal play/pause key press to a fixed shift+fn+play/pause key press. I normally only had to click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 2 Problems But No Fix, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Media keys stopped working out of nowhere

Out of nowhere my media keys shifted from a normal play/pause key press to a fixed shift+fn+play/pause key press.

I normally only had to click on the play/pause button for it to work but it doesn't anymore.

After reading several articles about disabling google play music as an extension(which I don't even have) and toggling the Human int. etc in services.msc to automatic instead of default, none of the listed articles online have brought me a fix.

At the moment I know it only works when pressing shift + fn + play/pause (same with forward/backward).

Did I by any chance press something by accident that might have toggled this occurrence or is it a driver problem.

I have already tried to delete the keyboard driver and restarted my laptop but alas same story. Only thing I havent done yet is using a recovery point to an early date but I don't want to do that unless necessary.

:)

2 Problems But No Fix, Sep 20, 2019

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Media Player Errors - Stops playing

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if issue persists.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter, please refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Reinstall Windows Media player

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media Player and check. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows Key +X, select Programs and Features.

• Click on Turn Windows features ON or OFF on the left panel.

• Expand Media Features and uncheck the box against Windows Media Player.

• Click OK and restart if prompted. Follow the same procedure and check the box against Windows Media Player to reinstall.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Media keys stopped working out of nowhere

Keyboard Media/Volume keys not working, only on this computer, and only this keyboard

The media keys, volume knob, sleep button and mute button on my "Das Keyboard 4 Professional" keyboard stopped working a few weeks ago after a reboot that I think was caused by a Windows Update.

I've tried the following steps to try and solve the issue:

• Try a different keyboard - The media keys on a logitech wireless usb keyboard work fine, even in the same USB port.
    • Try keyboard with another PC - When plugged in to my laptop the Das Keyboard media/volume keys work fine.
    • Try another USB port - No difference
    • Tried completely wiping any trace of the keyboard from the registry/device manager, then plugging it in again - No difference.
    • Created a new user on the PC - No difference.
    • Ensured the HID Human Interface Service is running.
    • Disable touch keyboard and related services.

What could be causing this?

Simon Moles, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Media keys stopped working out of nowhere

1. Media keys stopped working out of nowhere - Similar Threads - Media keys stopped

2. Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere: I´ve been having some issues with my Logitech G533´s Wireless Gaming Headset microphone which stops working sometimes, usually after I turn on the PC or when one of it get back on from suspension. The microphone itself if tested in control painel shows response, but when I...
  3. Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere: I´ve been having some issues with my Logitech G533´s Wireless Gaming Headset microphone which stops working sometimes, usually after I turn on the PC or when one of it get back on from suspension. The microphone itself if tested in control painel shows response, but when I...
  4. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  5. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  6. My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere: This problem has been prevalent for a while but when it happened it was quite sudden. I have a headset that I use to talk to people on discord with and have had no problems until recently where my microphone on my headset all of a sudden stopped working or would be super...
  7. Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere: So... What happened is that I was just on my laptop, hearing music from my Bluetooth speaker, when it stopped. I was confused, of course, so I checked settings to see Bluetooth was "Off" despite me never turning it on. Then, I went and checked the Action Center, to see the...
  8. My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere: Hi everybody,I noticed my windows spotlight stopped working one day and tried to fix this issue to no avail. However, when I create another account on my computer, windows spotlight started working again for this specific account, and not for the main account that I use. I...
  9. My sound stopped working out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My sound stopped working out of nowhere.: My sound has gone kaput on me twice before, but that was after Windows updates. The first time, I just bought new speakers and for maybe 2 months, everything was fine. The second time, I just moved the speaker plug to another jack. But now, this just happened again for no...
  10. Microphone stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone stopped working out of nowhere: So I just got on my laptop and realized that my microphone wasn't working. I tried getting the compatible drivers on Realtek's website but it still wouldnt work. the speaker works perfectly fine, it's just my microphone. I have an Acer Swift 3 i8250u if that helps. Here is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard just stopped working out of nowhere