Windows 10: Media not playing.

Discus and support Media not playing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So video and music is not playing on my computer, either on a browser or content off my hard drives. Also I cant run audio off my DAW. Everything else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CodyClyburn, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Media not playing.

So video and music is not playing on my computer, either on a browser or content off my hard drives. Also I cant run audio off my DAW. Everything else seems to be working fine. Web pages opening with pictures and video thumb nails.

Windows 10

Cheers

:)

CodyClyburn, Sep 19, 2018

2. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Media Player Errors - Stops playing

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if issue persists.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter, please refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Reinstall Windows Media player

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media Player and check. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows Key +X, select Programs and Features.

• Click on Turn Windows features ON or OFF on the left panel.

• Expand Media Features and uncheck the box against Windows Media Player.

• Click OK and restart if prompted. Follow the same procedure and check the box against Windows Media Player to reinstall.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Media not playing.

Cannot play audio CD from Win Media Player

We suggest you try to play the .cda files on another PC that has a Windows Media Player.

In the mean time, kindly try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Type Default Programs in the search bar.
    • Click Default Programs under Best match.
    • On the pop-up window, click Associate a file type or a protocol with a program.
    • Under Name tab, look for .cda, and check if Windows Media Player is listed
      Current Default program.
    • If not, select .cda then click Change program..., and select
      Windows Media Player.
    If Windows Media Player is the default program for .cda files, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • On the pop-up window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Media not playing.

1. Media not playing. - Similar Threads - Media playing

2. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  3. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  4. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  5. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  6. XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player: I purchased HEVC Video Extensions and I tried playing the 4k videos. It's not working.Is there anything I am missing.How to install HEVC Video Extensions in Windows media player to play the files.Please provide detailed steps to install and start playing the XAVCfiles...
  7. XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player

XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player: I purchased HEVC Video Extensions and I tried playing the 4k videos. It's not working.Is there anything I am missing.How to install HEVC Video Extensions in Windows media player to play the files.Please provide detailed steps to install and start playing the XAVCfiles...
  8. Media Player won't play avi files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play avi files.: I can play "avi" files from my SSD just fine, but not from an SDHC or USB device. When I try "Media Player" or Dell's "Power Media Player" both take a LONG time to start and then don't move through the file. Files are 5.6MB on an 8GB SDHC card. There are numerous files, all...
  9. Media Player won't play avi files.

Media Player won't play avi files.: I can play "avi" files from my SSD just fine, but not from an SDHC or USB device. When I try "Media Player" or Dell's "Power Media Player" both take a LONG time to start and then don't move through the file. Files are 5.6MB on an 8GB SDHC card. There are numerous files, all...
  10. windows 10 Media Player lists and plays album tracks out of order

windows 10 Media Player lists and plays album tracks out of order: I had a problem with one album that has 11 tracks. Originally I had 10 of the tracks ripped, but then I realized the 11th one was missing, so I ripped that one separately, probably using a different app. Then I had all 11 tracks, but despite all their metadata seeming to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media not playing