Windows 10: Media Player burning WAV to disk in something called CDM format

Discus and support Media Player burning WAV to disk in something called CDM format in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been burning audio disks using Media Player for years. No problems. I change mp3 DL to WAV and burn the CD. Recently the program has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dekaup1, Sep 3, 2019.

1. dekaup1 Win User

Media Player burning WAV to disk in something called CDM format

I have been burning audio disks using Media Player for years. No problems. I change mp3 DL to WAV and burn the CD. Recently the program has been burning the tracks onto the disk in something with a .CDM extension. Plays on the computer but the disk is useless in a CD Player. What is going on and how do I stop it?

:)

dekaup1, Sep 3, 2019

2. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 12 IN WINDOWS 10 WILL NOT BURN AN AUDIO CD FROM SONGS IN THE WAV FORMAT

The exact error message was: "Windows Media Player cannot burn some of these files. To investigate the problem check the icon next to the files in the burn list"

Click "OK" then click on "Blank Disk (FMedia Player burning WAV to disk in something called CDM format :)". One or more songs in the burn list will have a red circle containing an X beside it along with a message "An Error Occurred".

I have only attempted to burn popular music files. From these, there is no particular specific music file that stands out as being the cause of the problem.

Before this particular issue, I prepared a burn list of 22 songs in wav format from a different artist and after 2 or 3 attempts, I was unsuccessful to burn a CD. I then reduced the burn list to 18 songs and after 2 attempts the burn was successful.

Next, is the second attempt to burn a music CD. I was successful after 2 attempts using music files in the wav format from another artist. The burn list contained 3 songs.

This leads to the third attempt to burn a music CD which so far has been unsuccessful and is the subject of this post.

The music files are again from a different artist.

I purchased this notebook new, approximately one month ago.

I hope that this information is helpful.

notfinished, Sep 3, 2019
  3. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 12 IN WINDOWS 10 WILL NOT BURN AN AUDIO CD FROM SONGS IN THE WAV FORMAT

The notebook is new and it has an i7 processor with 16 GB of Ram. It also has an optical drive built into it.

I recently assembled a playlist of 24 songs in the wav format in Windows Media Player. I followed the established instructions on how to burn an audio cd using the burn option in Windows Media Player The problem is that all I get is an error message. Usually
    it identifies the 15th song in the playlist as the song producing the error. When I put a new song in the 15th spot in the playlist, the computer identifies this new song as the one producing the error. When I restart the computer and retry the burn process
    again, the computer will sometimes identify 3 or more songs in the playlist with error messages that are preventing Windows Media Player from burning the cd.

The burn speed is set at slow. Leaving the burn speed at its default, fastest speed did not make any difference.

The computer manufacturer confirmed that that all the Windows Media Player 12 software and drivers are current and did not think that the optical drive was the problem.

Is there anything that can be done to have Windows Media Player 12 first of all burn audio cd's from a wav source and secondly be reliable in doing it?

If Windows Media Player 12 is not capable on a reliable basis to burn audio cd's from a wav source, does Windows 10 contain an app or program that will burn audio cd's from a wav source that does not have to be purchased as an extra?

I would like to add that this is a new experience for me as I have used older versions of Windows Media Player on my old desktop to burn audio cd's from wav sources with few problems.

notfinished, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Media Player burning WAV to disk in something called CDM format

Windows 10 Media Player Unable to Burn some files

I am attempting to burn an audio disc from my Library - 20 tracks (Wav format), 52 minutes and 49 seconds duration, 533.3 Mb. I get the Error response quote Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the file. To investigate the problem, click the icon
    next to the files in the burn list. unquote The problem is that there are no icons displayed next to the files on the burn list. Can you advise please.

Jon Sullivan_379, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Media Player burning WAV to disk in something called CDM format

1. Media Player burning WAV to disk in something called CDM format - Similar Threads - Media Player burning

2. can windows media player burn disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can windows media player burn disk.: can windows media player burn disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-media-player-burn-disk/3f432277-08f1-436f-b1a5-97d20a840e9e
  3. can windows media player burn disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can windows media player burn disk.: can windows media player burn disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-media-player-burn-disk/3f432277-08f1-436f-b1a5-97d20a840e9e
  4. Download from wav files to media player

Download from wav files to media player: Does anyone know how to download a wav file to media player and/or whether that is possible? Thanks, Barry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-from-wav-files-to-media-player/6d611326-68d9-4961-9c87-ecbaca97e997
  5. Download from wav files to media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download from wav files to media player: Does anyone know how to download a wav file to media player and/or whether that is possible? Thanks, Barry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-from-wav-files-to-media-player/6d611326-68d9-4961-9c87-ecbaca97e997
  6. Windows 10 Media Player Burn Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Media Player Burn Format: How do I change Burn format so that CD will play in my car CD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-player-burn-format/89bc1810-3443-4e95-a85a-a0da06fc59cc
  7. Media Player Burn error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player Burn error: Error message - some files cannot burn, check files with icon against them. There is no files with an error icon. How can I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-burn-error/607f5973-a240-4bde-863f-7124a8229732"
  8. Windows Media Player Burning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player Burning: Can any one tell me why my Windows Media Player will not burn properly? I put in a new disc to burn, it runs thru about 25 %, then it rejects it saying the following message. ... Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...
  9. WAV format

in Windows 10 Customization
    WAV format: Is there a way to copy files in mp3 format from windows media player to a memory stick. Mine copy in WAV format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wav-format/601ef330-212b-4539-a209-b195de9397d9
  10. Windows Media Player: Burning HDCD

Windows Media Player: Burning HDCD: Whom would I contact to begin persuading Microsoft to add the option to burn HDCD discs with Windows Media Player's Burn function? I would LOVE to be able to burn HDCDs, and Microsoft owns the rights to the format... Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sd card wav file will not burn in windows media player