Windows 10: Media Player crashes right after opening/inserting a CD (help preferred in German)

Discus and support Media Player crashes right after opening/inserting a CD (help preferred in German) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I open it, it crashes right after or sometimes only after I insert a CD. No Error message or anything. Already tried to update it but there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BaldursPawn, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Media Player crashes right after opening/inserting a CD (help preferred in German)

Whenever I open it, it crashes right after or sometimes only after I insert a CD. No Error message or anything. Already tried to update it but there seems to be no update available. It did it a few weeks ago already, but restarting my computer helped then. But not now, nothing helps.

Can't find the troubleshooting software that gets recommended in English help forums, that's why I'm asking for help in German Media Player crashes right after opening/inserting a CD (help preferred in German) :)

submitted by /u/BaldursPawn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BaldursPawn, Dec 29, 2019

2. Windows Media Player unable to rip CD

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

A. Are you able to burn CD’s using other programs?

B. Are you getting any error while you try to burn CD?

C. From when are you facing this issue?

If you bring up windows media player, then make a burn list, then insert disk to burn the music it will gray out the burn button. But if you insert the disk then bring up media player it will not be grayed out.

To burn an audio CD do the following:

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. Click the Burn tab, click the arrow below the
    Burn tab, and then click Audio CD (this is the default choice).

2. Insert a blank CD-R disc into your CD burner.

3. If necessary, click the Clear List pane button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

4. Find the items in your library
    that you want to copy to the audio CD.

5. To create a burn list, drag items from the Details pane (the pane in the middle of the library) to the List pane (the pane on the right side of the library).

Refer the below link for further reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player.

Hope it helps.

Reply us with the update of the issue.

We are glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Cannot burn songs to CD inserted already on to computer Error: insert a blank cd

Hi

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Are you trying to Burn Music on to the DVD inserted?

• “Only 5 songs on the cd” is it a Read/ Write disk or a Normal disk (copy write CD)?

Let me inform you, if you have a Normal disk with 5songs burnt and saved you will not be able to Burn the new songs again. Until and unless the disk inserted is a Read/ Write CD.

Put an empty disk in the drive open my computer and double click on the CD inserted. And check for the status of the CD, if its CD/DVD-RW drive, if any files appear in explorer greyed out then delete them by clicking "Delete these temporary files".

I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: if you are trying to copy the songs to CD, follow the below steps.

If the CD is copy right protected. You will not be able to copy songs to the computer if the CD is copy right protected.

Also try to clear the burn list if any old list of songs available and try to copy again and see if it helps.

Method 2: Windows media player settings troubleshooter

Also try the Windows media player settings troubleshooter and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
          Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting
          and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Windows media player settings
          and follow the prompts.

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Burn CD's with windows 10

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Media Player crashes right after opening/inserting a CD (help preferred in German)

Unable to rip CD's from Windows Media Player asking for Media rights to cds

Hi Jerrie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about ripping CD's on Windows Media Player.

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check.

Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter find and fix problems with settings in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player Settings and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about:

Burn and rip CDs

Note: The steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Media Player crashes right after opening/inserting a CD (help preferred in German)

1. Media Player crashes right after opening/inserting a CD (help preferred in German) - Similar Threads - Media Player crashes

2. Windows Media Player and CD text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player and CD text: I use some 3rd party CD audio burning software NCH which also generates CD text to display track name, artist etc. On my previous Windows 10 laptop, Windows Media Player would display that CD text when playing the audio CD no problem but on my newer Windows 11 laptop it...
  3. Windows Media Player keeps crashing when I insert a CD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player keeps crashing when I insert a CD.: I have tried to troubleshoot and got nowhere using the steps I found in this forum, only to have Windows tell me there are no troubleshooters recommended at this time. My issue started after I recently put a few CD's into my computer, ripping them, when my ISP was down. They...
  4. media player cd burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media player cd burner: After a power loss, my media player cd burner is no longer working. Initially, i got the message to connect a burner, Now it tells me that the disk is filled. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. Ripping cd's in Media Player

Ripping cd's in Media Player: I am trying to rip cd's to my laptop using Media Player and keep getting the message 'Media Player cannot rip one or more cd's'. What is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds-in-media-player/6b8143b8-eb5f-4154-b930-d4465e9a20d0
  6. Windows Media Player-CD

Windows Media Player-CD: On Windows Media Player, before I Updated Windows, songs from my CD that I burned into Media Player Played. Now some play some don't. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cd/4de6544e-9155-4da7-b7c3-a26aa9179b39
  7. CD RIP in Media Player

CD RIP in Media Player: RIP option does not come on in Windows Media Player when I load a CD. The songs are shown correctly in the listing but I am unable to rip to file. This has always worked OK before today....
  8. Insert CD

Insert CD: I am not able to find where to insert a cd. Can you help. I tried the instructions given, but am getting nowhere. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insert-cd/ebd14aa5-fb86-4155-bc71-7200292f9bd9
  9. media player will no longer burn cd's

media player will no longer burn cd's: Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and haven't been able to burn cd's in the media player. I get a message,"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files, if burner is busy, wait for current task to finish. If necessary, verify the burner is properly connected and that you have...
  10. Burning CD in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning CD in Windows Media Player: I was able to rip the CD into Windows Media Player, but when I went to burn it, I received an error message that says, "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc." What can I do? Thanks!...