Windows 10: Media player duplicates

Discus and support Media player duplicates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey tech heads I need help I recently reformatted my hdd and used a recovery programme to dig up old deleted music files and restore them I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by comfy(2), Dec 10, 2018.

1. comfy(2) Win User

Media player duplicates

Hey tech heads I need help
    I recently reformatted my hdd and used a recovery programme to dig up old deleted music files and restore them I've downloaded them to my one drive account but when I open media player I have duplicate some are triplicate so I used a de dupe programme to try n clear them up but the problem is in media player I have two folders one called one drive and the other simply says c: no folder name does anyone know where on c: media player stores music files as there's files there I want to transfer to my other drive and de dupe it as well? It's taken me about 2 days so far to rebuild my library after accidentally deleting the windows partition in my backup drive.

:)

comfy(2), Dec 10, 2018
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Windows Media Player location for duplicate removal

Hi Ron,

The Windows Media Player supports common media file types. To find its location in Windows 10, click
    here.

To delete duplicate files in the Windows Media Player, follow these steps:

• Gather the media files. Press the Alt key to show the hidden menu bar, then select
      File > Manage Libraries > Music.
    • You’ll see the default location on the screen. Add new folders containing all the media files. Once you’ve added them, click
      OK.
    • Click the Title column head. This will rearrange all the media items in ascending manner.
    • Right-click a duplicate media file, then choose Open file location. Delete the file from File Explorer.

Get back to us should you need further assistance.

Joan Pin, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Media player duplicates

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Media player duplicates

1. Media player duplicates - Similar Threads - Media player duplicates

2. How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?: I've a new PC; I put all My Music onto USB from my old PC & transferred it to Media Player MP in new PC which had MP on it. On new PC now, music is duplicated. I still have all My Music on old PC which I wish to retain....
  3. How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?: I've a new PC; I put all My Music onto USB from my old PC & transferred it to Media Player MP in new PC which had MP on it. On new PC now, music is duplicated. I still have all My Music on old PC which I wish to retain....
  4. media player

media player: I accidentally uninstalled media player. How do i reinstall in Windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player/d8223aea-850c-4939-adff-0c510c8e9272
  5. Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files: I just set up Media player to stream to my home system. Apparently, when I transferred my music files from my old computer to this one, I ended up with two copies of my music folder. Now, when I look through my songs, I see two copies of each one. I renamed one of the...
  6. Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player

Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player: How can I delete all the duplicate audio files in my Media Player? I have the library where its pulling from one location and I still have a bunch of duplicates. Is there an app to download that'll remove the duplicate files??...
  7. media player

in Windows 10 Customization
    media player: I can't play dvd that I used to be able to play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player/cf056b81-46fd-4bd4-a0c2-6490722fb8d8
  8. media player is on

in Windows 10 Customization
    media player is on: I got a message that cyberlink media player is playing. I am trying to turn it off but cannot find any button for this action. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-is-on/637c2ccc-9109-46f8-b723-30eb672906b5
  9. Media Player

Media Player: How can I stop Media Player form opening every time I insert a SD card? I have tried five or six different ways and nothing can stop Media Palyer from opening the pictures every time I insert my SD card. It is really annoying....
  10. Windows 10 Windows Media Player - find and remove duplicates

Windows 10 Windows Media Player - find and remove duplicates: I have found that I have many "duplicates" in my Windows Media Player Library. Googled and found a "solution" but that seems not to work for me. Followed the suggestions but they seem to be for some other program, or perhaps an "older" media player. I have Windows Media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. duplicates in media player