Windows 10: media player fails to sync

Discus and support media player fails to sync in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Media Player fails to sync with devices.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jason luttrell, Jan 18, 2023.

1. media player fails to sync

Windows Media Player fails to sync with devices.

:)

jason luttrell, Jan 18, 2023

2. windows 10 media player 12 stopped working

Hi Paul,

I suggest you to sync iTunes with Windows Media Player and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to sync iTunes with Windows Media Player

• Double-click on the Windows Media Player icon.
    • Right-click inside the toolbar at the top of Windows Media Player. Click "File" and "Manage Libraries."
    • Right-click inside the toolbar at the top of Windows Media Player. Click "File" and "Manage Libraries."
    • Click "Add." Add the library where your iTunes music is stored to Windows Media Player. This is the directory that was selected when iTunes was initially installed. Click "OK." iTunes and Windows Media Player will be synced.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 18, 2023
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 18, 2023
  4. media player fails to sync

Windows Media Player 12 - Sync List Empty

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

If your device's storage capacity is more than 4 gigabytes (GB), and your entire Player Library can fit on the device, Windows Media Player will automatically sync unless you choose to manually sync. If you keep the automatic sync option, you
    can either choose which files to sync or you can have the entire Player Library copied to the device.

Every time you connect your device to your PC while Windows Media Player is running, the Player automatically updates the contents of the device to mirror the contents of the Player Library.

However, if you are not seeing the list of songs under the Sync tab, I would suggest you to try these steps and check again:

1. Open Windows Media Player and click the sync tab.

2. Go to the folder where the songs are stored.

3. Select all the songs, left click on the highlighted songs and drag it to Windows media player under “sync”

Let us know if you get the same result.

You can also try to directly add the songs manually by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer.

2. Click "This PC" on the left pane.

3. Double click the phone and locate the folder where the songs are stored.

Copy and paste the desired songs in this particular folder

I also suggest you to Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check, if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key” on your keyboard.

b. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c. Now select Programs in the search option.

d. Under Media Player, select Windows Media Player Settings to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

media player fails to sync

1. media player fails to sync - Similar Threads - media player fails

2. Syncing Media Player with Android phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Media Player with Android phone: I am trying to sync windows media player on Windows 11 to my new Samsung Galaxy A34. I cannot see within Media Player how to do this. I recently changed my android phone and swapped everything over vie Smart Switch, including my music tracks on the previous phone. On the new...
  3. Syncing Media Player with Android phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing Media Player with Android phone: I am trying to sync windows media player on Windows 11 to my new Samsung Galaxy A34. I cannot see within Media Player how to do this. I recently changed my android phone and swapped everything over vie Smart Switch, including my music tracks on the previous phone. On the new...
  4. media player fails to sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media player fails to sync: Windows Media Player fails to sync with devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-fails-to-sync/576e672e-01ff-4faa-ab06-5239f11aa6d2
  5. Media player sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player sync: I have my libraries. On a SD card in my pc. When ever I try to sync to a thumb drive. It says sync done, but when I look at the sync results they all have an error. No error number or message just error....
  6. Media player sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media player sync: I have my libraries. On a SD card in my pc. When ever I try to sync to a thumb drive. It says sync done, but when I look at the sync results they all have an error. No error number or message just error....
  7. Media player sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Media Player sync to an mp3 player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player sync to an mp3 player: Hi, I have just purchased a new mp3 player but am having problems loading a cd to the player. I select the sync option and try to drag and drop the cd but none of them end up in the sync area. What am I doing wrong or have I missed something. thanks...
  9. sync windows media player

sync windows media player: as a follow up to my previous post it appears the player doesn't recognize files with the .wma extension. I found it will play files with the .mp3 extension. Is there a way to fix that?...
  10. syncing windows media player

syncing windows media player: Trying to sync music files from Windows Media Player to MP3 player. The synced files show as files on the root drive but when I try to play the player says 'no file'. If I attach player to Window Media Player the titles appear but will not play. They will play from drive if I...