Windows 10: Media Player - Find Album Information

Discus and support Media Player - Find Album Information in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to Update Album Information from online servers the default server is: musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com This server seems unable to find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeDeAloia, May 9, 2019.

1. Media Player - Find Album Information

When I try to Update Album Information from online servers the default server is: musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com
    This server seems unable to find any music, even music that was previously found!

Previous versions of Media Player on my previous laptop searched for album information on Sony Music, I believe?

Is there a way to redirect or change the location searched for Update Album Information in Media Player?

Thanx

:)

JoeDeAloia, May 9, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

windows media player showing wrong album information and overwriting correct information

Hi Fredrik,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Was the album information showing correct before?
    • Are you facing this issue with a specific song?
    • From where have you downloaded the songs?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Close Windows Media Player.
    2. Press and hold the Windows + E key to open
      Windows explorer.
    3. Navigate to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache
    4. Delete all the files inside the
      Art Cache folder.
    5. Restart Windows Media Player.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 9, 2019
  3. windows media player showing wrong album information and overwriting correct information

i had an error when writing the problem, the album being replaced was "rubber soul" not "revolver" fyi...

1. 1 day problem, faced it immediately when i ripped the cd.

2. the album shows a small album art and title info at the dvd drive d: when in the explorer/utforskaren library, both art and info shown is correct. its only wrong when its being ripped.

3. all songs from the "beatles - rubber soul" are overwritten when i rip the album the "beatles - please please me", the songs, album art and title takes the place of "the beatles - rubber soul" effectively removing all of the "rubber soul" album replacing
    it with "please please me"

4. the songs/album are from a complete cd collection called "the beatles - in stereo" its the entirety of beatles songs, on alot of cds.

will try and do the 1-5 steps you posted me. ill get back

thanks for a fast reply

Fredrik

FredrikLindman, May 9, 2019
  4. Media Player - Find Album Information

Find Album Information in Windows Media Player Does Not Work

Just checked my hosts file and it was there. That exact same thing happened to me actually.
    Thank you, I fixed it! *Biggrin

KingDecimator, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Media Player - Find Album Information

1. Media Player - Find Album Information - Similar Threads - Media Player Find

2. Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's: So just yesterday I borrowed Simon & Garfunkel's entire Discography from my local library and- what Ive found is my windows media player does not retrieve any album info or its album cover for that matter.Thus far ive tried Deleting its cache, reinstalling the media player,...
  3. Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's: So just yesterday I borrowed Simon & Garfunkel's entire Discography from my local library and- what Ive found is my windows media player does not retrieve any album info or its album cover for that matter.Thus far ive tried Deleting its cache, reinstalling the media player,...
  4. THE FIX for "Find Album Information" Windows Media Player

THE FIX for "Find Album Information" Windows Media Player: I was having difficulty updating my album info in Windows Media Player. I tried just about everything online to no avail. Then I followed these steps and it provided the resolution. 1. On the Start Menu - Type Manage Optional Features - You may have to enter your Admin...
  5. Media Player album art

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player album art: Where has the paste album art option in Windows Media Player gone? Is the now another way to add the desired album cover? A lot of the stuff I need isn't available for digital sale anywhere so info can't be found by the media player. Old demo tapes from very obscure, and...
  6. windows media player "find album info"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player "find album info": i have Windows10, media player, i want to rip cd and convert to mp3. However, i can't get album info when i click on "find album info" how do i rectify this? It was working until a couple months ago....
  7. Windows Media Player with wrong Find Album Info link

Windows Media Player with wrong Find Album Info link: My Computer just did the latest update to Windows 10, version 1809, then all of a sudden whenever I go into Windows Media Player and go into Find Album Info the Find Album Info Cache link is musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com instead of the usual...
  8. Media Player - 'find album info' not working

Media Player - 'find album info' not working: Hello This past month, Media Player has ceased being able to locate album information for audio CDs. It used to work, but now it doesn't. When I request that it finds album info, the Internet Explorer 'website cannot be found' error is displayed. The CDs I am using are...
  9. Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue

Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue: I know that the Solution of the Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue has been sovled many times but I still don't know how to do the steps can anyone please just make a youtube video guide on how to fix the Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue because so far...
  10. Find Album Information in Windows Media Player Does Not Work

Find Album Information in Windows Media Player Does Not Work: It was working before. Sometime after I got the Creators' Update it just stopped working. [img] Is there any way to fix it? I have tried enabling and disabling Windows Media Player under "Turn Windows features on or off" and that did not work. I know Groove...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find album info for windows media player

2. windows website for windows media player album information 2020