Windows 10: media player on windows 10

Discus and support media player on windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just wanted to know if media player will play dvd's as it used to with xp or is another application needed ? If so, how do you get to the place where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertLindemann, Dec 1, 2018.

1. media player on windows 10

I just wanted to know if media player will play dvd's as it used to with xp or is another application needed ? If so, how do you get to the place where you can play them? I have an hp with cd/dvd/rw. Thanks for the advice in advance

:)

RobertLindemann, Dec 1, 2018

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Dec 1, 2018
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Dec 1, 2018
  4. media player on windows 10

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

media player on windows 10

1. media player on windows 10 - Similar Threads - media player

2. Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player: Although I have created a Playlist on WMP it will not let me burn to CD. Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/ddafcadb-7de1-4537-b5b8-91c4e3718ee7
  3. Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing: Having technical issues with my media player not working/videos not playing. This error just came up. Undefined Error Code" Append_Buffer_Err Failed to execute appendBuffer or SourceBuffer: The HTML MediaElement. error is not null. Any clue what I should do....
  4. Windows Media Player not able to play wmv via URL on some systems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player not able to play wmv via URL on some systems: I have a large fleet of windows 10 systems and a subset of them are not able to play wmv files in windows media player but the same URL works fine on the majority of systems. The kicker is that if I navigate to the network share where this wmv file lives, I can launch it...
  5. Windows Media Player issue

Windows Media Player issue: I was having an issue with WMP turning off Network Streaming randomly. After Googling this for a resolution, I came across a post suggesting I go into Services.msc, and to Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, make sure that it is set to Automatic, and on the Log tab,...
  6. Windows Media Player issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player issue: I was having an issue with WMP turning off Network Streaming randomly. After Googling this for a resolution, I came across a post suggesting I go into Services.msc, and to Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, make sure that it is set to Automatic, and on the Log tab,...
  7. Please help, Photos that I deleted still show on other devices like streaming media players...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please help, Photos that I deleted still show on other devices like streaming media players...: Please help, Photos that I deleted from everywhere I can think of within PC, as well as never shared in the first place are still showing up thru all my streamin media players on both my samsung and roku tv's. How can I get this to stop? How is is even possible to see those...
  8. Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player 12: I have a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed on it, have had MANY MANY problems, one of the biggest is with the Media Player which would NOT burn cd's for me. I finally just "uninstalled" it completely, been trying both iTunes and just direct burning via my dvd rw...
  9. How to set 64 bit Windows media player as the default player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set 64 bit Windows media player as the default player on Windows 10: There is both 32 bit and 64 bit version on the system. I am wondering how to make the 64 bit version as the default... I tried to talk to Microsoft agents..... They are very terrible. Do NOT acknowledge that they do not know how to do. Just end the session by themselves...
  10. windows media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows media player: you would think with all of the updates I get someone @ msn would have a fix for media player so it would not double my music what a pain it should not cost much to fix come on msn give us a fix or is apple a good fix...