Windows 10: media player streaming on network

Discus and support media player streaming on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; playing content from media player on home network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnBoardman1, Feb 6, 2019.

1. media player streaming on network

playing content from media player on home network

:)

JohnBoardman1, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Feb 6, 2019
  3. donkey Win User
    Media streaming problems

Since I got the upgrade to Windows 10, Media player has been at best quirky at worse totally useless. Originally I could stream media to my televisions but any editing I did in media player was not reflected in the DLNA client on the TV, for example genres that had been deleted or changed still appeared in the list. I tried deleting the media player database with no change, I reinstalled media player and now I cant stream anything at all. The server shows up on my TV with the proper categories but the list is always empty. I have turned on streaming, shared the files and added them to the media player database. Since the primary reason for this PC is to stream media to TVs in my house I am very disappointed, is there anyone who might have another idea that I haven't tried ?

donkey, Feb 6, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

media player streaming on network

streaming media

It could be that the Flash Player in Edge was disabled after the update. We suggest that you enable it again and see if you are able to stream your media again. Here's how to enable the Flash Player in Edge:

• Open Edge.
    • Click the "..." on the top-right corner of Edge.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Toggle the switch for Adobe Flash Player to enable it.
    • Close the Edge browser window and open a new one.

David Haz, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

media player streaming on network

1. media player streaming on network - Similar Threads - media player streaming

2. Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?: I'm currently using Windows 11 and I'm wondering if it's possible to stream radio stations? I can't find anything within that app that would allow me to do so. If it's not a feature, then can anyone suggest a media player that allows me to use the keyboard play/pause button...
  3. Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?: I'm currently using Windows 11 and I'm wondering if it's possible to stream radio stations? I can't find anything within that app that would allow me to do so. If it's not a feature, then can anyone suggest a media player that allows me to use the keyboard play/pause button...
  4. Undetected Network Streaming Media Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undetected Network Streaming Media Device: I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. Now my computer doesn't detect my streaming media device which was working fine under Windows 7. It's the HDHomeRun Duo TV Tuner. When I enter its URL in my browser, the browser displays its information so I know that...
  5. Windows Media Player Streaming Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Streaming Not Responding: Hello: Recently I have had trouble with WMP Streaming not responding. All other parts of WMP work fine. When I try to enable other streaming options, view discovered devices, allow all devices on the home network to stream then click OK the Windows streaming function it...
  6. Windows Media Player Streaming Not Responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player Streaming Not Responding: Hello: Recently I have had trouble with WMP Streaming not responding. All other parts of WMP work fine. When I try to enable other streaming options, view discovered devices, allow all devices on the home network to stream then click OK the Windows streaming function it...
  7. Media player streams only first song

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media player streams only first song: Media player streams only first song of a playlist to a Denon receiver. After that it stops. What can I do that the complete playlist is streamed? Before I updated from Windows 7 to 10 it worked! Windows 10 Media Player 12.0.18362.657...
  8. Cant enable media streaming on Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant enable media streaming on Media Player: Windows 10 pro v.1909 - When I try to turn on media streaming nothing happens - still says streaming not turned on- Have tied pretty much everything - Uninstalled and reinstalled media player 12 - checked all services are running - checked group policy for prevent streaming...
  9. Windows Media Player Streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player Streaming: Using Windows 10, I have Windows Media Player in my Start Up menu so my Surface will act as a Media Server as soon as it boots. However streaming does not always start when WMP loads. I have to turn it on manually. Is there a way to automatically start streaming when it...
  10. media streaming on network.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media streaming on network.: I have windows 10 pro version 10.0 build 17134 in an HP envy. I have tried to turn on file sharing and media streaming. when I try to turn on media streaming it fails and Windows services administrative tools option appears with Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or...