Windows 10: Media Player wont play ANY video files

Discus and support Media Player wont play ANY video files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Plays music files but not video file No error message, no warning windows, nothing. Player just goes away and thats it. Fresh install of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tonycst, Mar 11, 2019.

1. tonycst Win User

Media Player wont play ANY video files

Plays music files but not video file

No error message, no warning windows, nothing. Player just goes away and thats it.

Fresh install of Windows 10 x64. Downloaded and installed directx files as usual.

Event viewer shows

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2019-03-12T02:07:14.690836000Z

EventRecordID 2084

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-KVFPC61

Security
    -
    EventData

wmplayer.exe

854a1b2d

D3D9.DLL

8b50c245

c0000005

00048c56

24e8

01d4d8784f41642e

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\D3D9.DLL

dbb6a395-91d8-4fb7-acdc-cb335e8b6ff3

:)

tonycst, Mar 11, 2019

2. cannot play .mov on media player

I have several video that saved as .mov files. I downloaded codec like suggested and windows media player still wont play the videos.. How do I get windows media player to play these videos or any other way to play them.

VanessaLowell, Mar 11, 2019
  3. #manas# Win User
    video file not playing in windows media player (windows10)

while playing video file in windows media player , black page appearing with only audio . while same file is playing nicely in VLC media . any suggestion to rectify the problem.

#manas#, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Media Player wont play ANY video files

media player cannot play video files

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have playing videos on Windows Media Player.

What exactly happens when you try to play the videos? Do you get any error message?

What is the extension of the video you are trying to play?

Please find the link below to know the supporting files Windows Media Player supports:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/316992

If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the
    Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings for
    Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

a. Open Control Panel.

b. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
    Troubleshooting.

c. Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings

Reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Media Player wont play ANY video files

1. Media Player wont play ANY video files - Similar Threads - Media Player wont

2. Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...: I made no changes in any settings before as everything works just fine before, but after I switch on my computer the on 10th October, all the video playing both online and offline are experiencing some issues.For videos on Youtube/ Facebook or basically any other video...
  3. Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Play on browser Any video and livestream platforms and media player are all...: I made no changes in any settings before as everything works just fine before, but after I switch on my computer the on 10th October, all the video playing both online and offline are experiencing some issues.For videos on Youtube/ Facebook or basically any other video...
  4. MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD

in Windows 10 Customization
    MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD: Media player is not playing DVD movie says disc is empty when it is a movie DVD. I have tried going into the Files ,Play View and Tools sections to work it out but all dead ends .I'm running Windows 10. What can I do ?...
  5. XML audio files wont play on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XML audio files wont play on Windows Media Player: Hi there, How do I play XML Audio documents, imported from my recording device, on Windows 10 as Windows Media Player won't play them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-audio-files-wont-play-on-windows-media-player/1c802cbb-8e45-4582-a212-25164ddf23bd
  6. Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing: Having technical issues with my media player not working/videos not playing. This error just came up. Undefined Error Code" Append_Buffer_Err Failed to execute appendBuffer or SourceBuffer: The HTML MediaElement. error is not null. Any clue what I should do....
  7. not playing of videos in any player installed in the laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not playing of videos in any player installed in the laptop.: Hello friends, I have a Lenovo idea pad 310 laptop, this time I am facing problem of not playing any video in the lappy. when I m clicking on any movie/ song , it is not playing. kidnly give me suggestions for this problem. also some time...
  8. pc freezes while play any video by any media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freezes while play any video by any media player: whenever i open vlc or km media player to play video the whole pc freezes and i needs to shutdown the pc with power button i dont know why my pc freezes. i already updated my graphic drivers. any help is appriciated....
  9. wma files wont play on windows media player

wma files wont play on windows media player: bought a new pc with windows 10 and windows media player and now I cant play my windows media audio files on windows media player. support accessed my computer and couldn't fix the problem.. Now I have years worth of music and other files I cant use. its a joke when windows...
  10. VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD

VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD: So I am going to tell you about this, when I was trying to open a DVD on a third-party media player, it doesn't play. I tried VLC, but it doesn't play without an error, while I tried it on 5KPlayer, but it has the same issue as VLC, then, I tried it on MPC-HC, but it said...