Windows 10: Media player???

Discus and support Media player??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ive just bought myself a windows 10 laptop.(Changed over from MacBook pro)I want to record some footage from my CCTV onto a usb stick.What format do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by melvfinnemore, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Media player???

Ive just bought myself a windows 10 laptop.(Changed over from MacBook pro)I want to record some footage from my CCTV onto a usb stick.What format do I need to format the USB stick in.What programme / app do I need to play coverage from the USB stick once its plugged into the laptop.Ive looked to see if I can find windows media player,cant find it.Dont even know for sure that its windows media player that I need or if I need something else?

Any help /advice much appreciated.

Melv.

:)

melvfinnemore, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Media player???

Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Media player???

1. Media player??? - Similar Threads - Media player

2. Problem with Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows Media Player 12: I recently re-installed Win10 on my home computer system. I have a large collection of MP3 files based on the Billboard Top 100 dating back to the 1950s that I tend to listen to while I'm on the computer. However, under the new install Media Player wants to play audibly only...
  3. Windows Media player.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Media player.: I have been getting messages that there was something wrong with Windows Media Player and ignored it for a while. Today I followed up and after a message saying that 'my computer is corrupted. Run this fix', I ran it and the fix removed Windows Media player completely apart...
  4. Windows Media Player no longer displays CD Play; CD no longer invokes WMP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player no longer displays CD Play; CD no longer invokes WMP: Have been using a USB connected CD player with Windows 10 successfully to rip some of my CD collection. Suddenly when I put a CD in it no longer invokes WMP. If I open WMP the CD player is no longer displayed as media source. All the discussions I have found around this...
  5. Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player: Why Can't I burn more than 71 minutes on a 80 minute cd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/9a8e4298-b594-4d30-ae0a-4f31a62b024e
  6. HELP! How do you Print Playlist from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! How do you Print Playlist from Windows Media Player?: Hi everyone! I have seen others ask this question and the resulting answers. I do not understand the answers or how to do this. Could someone explain it to me like I am a 2yr old? Please? Thank you!...
  7. No sound in media player 12

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound in media player 12: For no apparent reason the sound has disappeared from media player 12 on my laptop (Asus X556U, running Windows 10). When I run the audio trouble shooter the sound comes back after a restart, but when I turn on the laptop next time the sound has gone again. This seems to...
  8. content usage rights & Win Media Player

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    content usage rights & Win Media Player: I can't play wma file on windows media player. I get this message: TRY PLAYING THIS WITH A DIFFERENT PLAYER. THIS APPLICATION DOESN'T HAVE CONTENT USAGE RIGHTS. This music is music that I own. I copied it off of my desktop onto a flash drive so I could do a clean wipe of...
  9. Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player: When i open a media file with Windows Media Player ,Then a message appears Server Execution Failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/d5d79876-3e97-482c-91fa-b2be9df10cdc"
  10. Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player: My media player has stopped working and I am forced to use that awful Groove Music..... bearable but WHY? Nowhere can I find how to rip CD's. I have just bought 12 new CD's to add to my home media centre - SONOS streaming for PC music. Nowhere can I find to get Groove to...