Windows 10: Media Player

Discus and support Media Player in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I transferred all my music from an old Vista laptop to my new Windows 10 laptop, But many albums will not now play. It appears to have happened to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MagicMONK7, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Media Player

Hi

I transferred all my music from an old Vista laptop to my new Windows 10 laptop, But many albums will not now play. It appears to have happened to nearly my whole collection of over 300 albums?

Why is this?

Many Thanks

Monk

:)

MagicMONK7, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Media Player

Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Media Player

1. Media Player - Similar Threads - Media Player

2. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...
  3. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...
  4. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  5. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  6. How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?: How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-windows-media-player-audio-to/dfda97ab-e307-4a5d-83b9-9b66cafd3601
  7. How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?

How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?: How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-windows-media-player-audio-to/dfda97ab-e307-4a5d-83b9-9b66cafd3601
  8. XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player: I purchased HEVC Video Extensions and I tried playing the 4k videos. It's not working.Is there anything I am missing.How to install HEVC Video Extensions in Windows media player to play the files.Please provide detailed steps to install and start playing the XAVCfiles...
  9. XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player

XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player: I purchased HEVC Video Extensions and I tried playing the 4k videos. It's not working.Is there anything I am missing.How to install HEVC Video Extensions in Windows media player to play the files.Please provide detailed steps to install and start playing the XAVCfiles...
  10. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...