Windows 10: Media Player

Discus and support Media Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In windows 7 I could play a DVD in the media player, can't make it work in Windows10? Have some YouTube Video's and they play in Media Player but can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zplugger, Oct 7, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Media Player

In windows 7 I could play a DVD in the media player, can't make it work in Windows10? Have some YouTube Video's and they play in Media Player but can't get DVD to play.Don't see in the player where I can go to the DVD Drive ?

:)

zplugger, Oct 7, 2015

2. Media Player Windows 10 64bit new update today crashing

I don't have just Windows Media Player in the list...

Windows Media Player DVD

Windows Media Player Library

Windows Media Player Settings

TrinityBurak, Oct 7, 2015
  3. TerryRRP Win User
    media player

Using WIN 10 & Media Player. How to get Media Player to start/play automatically after insert CD? Media Player is my default player.

TerryRRP, Oct 7, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Media Player

In order to save licencing fees, the function to play DVDs with Media Player has been removed. So what worked in Windows 7 does no longer work in Windows 10. In Windows 10, in order to play DVDs, you will need an additional DVD player.

I recommend installing VLC Media Player. This application can play back just about everything - including DVDs.

Joergi, Oct 7, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    With the exception of Blu-Rays

jds63, Oct 7, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    Luckily he asked for DVDs. *Wink

Joergi, Oct 8, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    True, more use of Blu-ray nowadays

jds63, Oct 8, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

Media Player

I actually don't have a single one. I am storing films online. That way I maybe have to convert them somewhen in the future, but I at least don't have a bunch of useless discs, which are basically garbage.

Joergi, Oct 8, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Hate watching only on my PC, use BD-RE erase them after. Use ConvertXtoHD works great, looks store bought.

jds63, Oct 8, 2015
  10. Joergi Win User
    Cheers to the internet of things! Today, TVs can be connected to basically anything: Your harddrive, an NAS server, hell, I guess I could even connect it to my bath tube. Number of bubbles matching the emotion in the film... I need to speak to my plumber...

Joergi, Oct 8, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    I know what you mean are unlimited possibilities i am even not suggesting too. Streaming.

jds63, Oct 8, 2015
  12. zplugger Win User
    Thanks for all the info on this Guys, I'm getting smarter every day I'm here.
    Z

zplugger, Oct 8, 2015
  13. Joergi Win User

Media Player

The number of bubbles, jds, the number of bubbles! *Biggrin

@ Z: You're welcome!

Joergi, Oct 8, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Your Welcome Zplugger, that is how i also learned more from here.

jds63, Oct 8, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    Don't electrocute yourself in that tub. *092

jds63, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

Media Player

1. Media Player - Similar Threads - Media Player

2. Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?: I am trying to burn music from a wave file to a blank cdr on my hp laptop. It does not recognize the new blank cd repeatedly. What's going on?...
  3. Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?: I am trying to burn music from a wave file to a blank cdr on my hp laptop. It does not recognize the new blank cd repeatedly. What's going on?...
  4. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  5. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  6. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  7. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  8. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

9. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....
  10. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....