Windows 10: Media Player?

Discus and support Media Player? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi just recently upgraded to Win 10, how do I upgrade the Media Player to the latest? is it 12? I thought everything would be included in upgrade? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joe2cool, Apr 1, 2016.

1. joe2cool Win User

Media Player?

Hi just recently upgraded to Win 10, how do I upgrade the Media Player to the latest? is it 12? I thought everything would be included in upgrade? The present one (Media Player) & 'Groove music' working fine.

Hi just checked again looks like 'am running the latest version 12.010011.16384, so it says? Just thought the 'media player' might look different with 12?

Appreciate any links/help pls

Thx

:)

joe2cool, Apr 1, 2016

2. Chromium as default browser windows 10

You are not understanding the problem clearly. I should be able to choose whatever exe I want to handle the protocol. What application it is does not matter. If a program can register itself in the list, and I allow it, what is the difference if I can
    choose a custom one? There is no difference. It is a not a security feature, because either way, I am allowing it. Since Windows 10 does not provide a way for a user to register an exe for handling web protocols manually, this question (and How to add a new program to default program list
    ) should clearly be taken as a feature request or request for what registry changes need to be made in order add it without a UI if it is not yet in the UI.

Axle Media, Apr 1, 2016
  3. windows 10 Version 1607 removed Canon i960 printer that had been working, how do I get working again?

Please provide steps when you post a solution. I have the same problem, I am only teased by this taste of victory. Please at least say whether you got it via the "printer utility tool"

mentioned in one of the replies, via a Windows 10 built-in driver, or via a download from a non-microsoft website such as Canon's.

Axle Media, Apr 1, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Media Player?

Hi joe2cool welcome to Ten Forums,
    Nope you have the latest. WMP is just legacy baggage(in a positive way*Smile), kept on because, we need something to setup/organize our media libraries, and some software looks for it(still).
    I have had some problems with it in 10, and had to move on to MediaMonkey(much better and easier tagging and skinnable UI). But for others, if functions perfectly.
    Groove doesn't have a Equalizer like WMP, but still has great sound for a desktop. On a laptop the EQ is important though, so then WMP would be the player of choice.
    That's just my experience. YMMV

Cliff S, Apr 1, 2016
  5. joe2cool Win User
    Hi cheers for that ..helpful. have a great W/E

joe2cool, Apr 1, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome, have a good one too.*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Media Player?

1. Media Player? - Similar Threads - Media Player

2. Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?: I am trying to burn music from a wave file to a blank cdr on my hp laptop. It does not recognize the new blank cd repeatedly. What's going on?...
  3. Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?: I am trying to burn music from a wave file to a blank cdr on my hp laptop. It does not recognize the new blank cd repeatedly. What's going on?...
  4. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  5. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  6. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  7. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  8. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

9. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....
  10. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....