Windows 10: Media players in Windows 10 keeps restarting the video again and again on their own.

Discus and support Media players in Windows 10 keeps restarting the video again and again on their own. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Wierd stuff happening: In VLC media player, the video doesn't start playing, it just starts maybe for some milliseconds and then restarts. If I play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HowYouDoin6969, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Media players in Windows 10 keeps restarting the video again and again on their own.

Wierd stuff happening:
    In VLC media player, the video doesn't start playing, it just starts maybe for some milliseconds and then restarts. If I play the video using Films & TV (Windows 10), the video doesn't start, but if I jump a lot ahead by clicking in the time elapsed bar, it shifts back to 0 min 0 s, in 3-4 bursts.It is as if someone is pressing left arrow or ctrl + left arrow key permanently, but that doesn't show up any where else.The problems seems to go away for 30 secs - 60 secs, if I close the video, press left right arrows keys and restart the video. But it appears again after these 30-60 secs. Can anyone help me with this.

However, Youtube on chrome works fine. Windows media player seems to be working fine as well.
    In case of pot player, player jumps to play the previous video as soon as the video I open starts playing, then jumps to its previous, then again and again and it keeps on happening.

I am using Windows 10, unactivated (Watermark says Activate Windows). VLC Media player is latest. Windows was also updated 2-3 days ago.

PS - Films and TV generates a dialogue box that says I need to download HEVC extension from store which costs money.

Please help.

submitted by /u/HowYouDoin6969
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HowYouDoin6969, Sep 2, 2020

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Error (Video) Media Player Windows 10

Hi Lu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Is there any particular Video or video format causing the issue?

I suggest you to download and install the latest graphics drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Media player. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Media player settings and Windows Media player library
    If the issue persist download the Windows media player

I suggest you to download the latest Windows Media Player from the below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Media players in Windows 10 keeps restarting the video again and again on their own.

THRiLL KiLL, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Media players in Windows 10 keeps restarting the video again and again on their own.

1. Media players in Windows 10 keeps restarting the video again and again on their own. - Similar Threads - Media players keeps

2. automatic restart again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic restart again and again: hello i am using windows 10 for a long time then i decided to install kali linux while installing i choosed the non graphical installation method and i was unsuccessful to install and later i installed windows 10 again. After this my laptop automatically restart in every 2-5...
  3. automatic restart again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic restart again and again: hello i am using windows 10 for a long time then i decided to install kali linux while installing i choosed the non graphical installation method and i was unsuccessful to install and later i installed windows 10 again. After this my laptop automatically restart in every 2-5...
  4. automatic restart again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New HP laptop keeps restarting again and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New HP laptop keeps restarting again and again: I just got my HP laptop today so I charged it to full and set up my account and all. Then, I had downloaded all the updates and then had to restart it. But once I clicked the "restart now" it keeps showing the message "getting windows ready... don't turn off your computer"...
  6. Desktop Restart again and again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Restart again and again: Hi, My Desktop congfiger is: Core I5 , 8400 Ram 32GB, 3200Bus8+8+16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370Xp SLI SSD: 128GB Hdd: 1TB Powersupply: 650 My Problem is: Sudden pc take restart , Most of time: When I am turn on my desktop, then desktop restart many times... What Can...
  7. windows 10 restart again

windows 10 restart again: ok there are many thread already but mine is unsolved already tried disabling automatic restart,cpu temperature etc The previous system shutdown at 3:17:23 AM on ‎10/‎18/‎2020 was unexpected. -System -Provider [ Name] EventLog -EventID6008 [ Qualifiers] 32768 Level2...
  8. Pc restarting again and again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc restarting again and again: I am not having Quick heal in my pc but still i face problem of system restarting and saying llio.sys failed. Please tell me a solution for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarting-again-and-again/804885aa-bc8c-410d-953f-4fedf263ed6c
  9. Windows 10 getting restarted again and again

Windows 10 getting restarted again and again: Automatically within 2 to 3 minutes windows getting restarted show message on screen that SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION IS NOT HANDLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-getting-restarted-again-and-again/deb63b69-5e8b-465d-b7f2-ef9e2106ca2f
  10. Computer restarting again and again

Computer restarting again and again: Hello, Today when i turned on my PC, i found a shocking and irritating problem in my PC. Firstly, it was not turning on, after i cleaned it, it turned on and booted and showed an error 'your device ran into a problem' and started repairing. After it repaired itself, it...