Windows 10: Media Server

Discus and support Media Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Sharp Smart Tv that I used to stream my photos, music and videos to. However now when I try to access the "Media Server" from the tv, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by enfield250, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Media Server

Hello!
    I have a Sharp Smart Tv that I used to stream my photos, music and videos to.
    However now when I try to access the "Media Server" from the tv, I get "No server Found".
    I have checked the tv and no updates have been performed.
    The pc which is running Win 10 Home, latest Build after the October update, had the Media Streaming turned off.
    I have turned it on, I have set Media Player to "automatically allow devices to play my media".
    But I get the same result, I have looked at using both Plex and Emby, but I don't need all the things they offer.
    I just require what I had before.
    Has anyone got any ideas how to get media server back?
    Cheers,

:)

enfield250, Nov 4, 2018

2. Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Nov 4, 2018
  3. Media/File Server on the cheap

Since I am not able to help too much with this(except I have to say I do like the case you have chosen), I leave you this video for inspiration[yt]TtWfTrY-Wug[/yt]
    ​bump ....to get this server going!

dank1983man420, Nov 4, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Media Server

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

Media Server

1. Media Server - Similar Threads - Media Server

2. Windows 10/11 Pro 22H2: Video file copy from a Media Server to a local SSD drive stops with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Pro 22H2: Video file copy from a Media Server to a local SSD drive stops with...: My computer is a Dell XPS 9700 with 2 1TB SSDs installed. I've been copying video files from a "media server" Fetch STB successfully, but slowly, using both Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and recently Windows 11 Pro 22H2 using the following method:Open 2 separate folders; the...
  3. Windows 10/11 Pro 22H2: Video file copy from a Media Server to a local SSD drive stops with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 Pro 22H2: Video file copy from a Media Server to a local SSD drive stops with...: My computer is a Dell XPS 9700 with 2 1TB SSDs installed. I've been copying video files from a "media server" Fetch STB successfully, but slowly, using both Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and recently Windows 11 Pro 22H2 using the following method:Open 2 separate folders; the...
  4. Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...: I have a HP smart media home server. Original purchase in 2007. Updated my last windows computer to 10. I used to have an old laptop that I managed the server with. It had VIsta. Always worked. Now I noticed the server was been down for a few months. Not used much anymore. It...
  5. Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...

Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...: I have a HP smart media home server. Original purchase in 2007. Updated my last windows computer to 10. I used to have an old laptop that I managed the server with. It had VIsta. Always worked. Now I noticed the server was been down for a few months. Not used much anymore. It...
  6. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  7. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  8. how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...: inside the window media player showing my deleted i cloud pictures and videos .i couldn't find the images source and cant delete as well.where those all file located and how to delete?Please help me to fix this....
  9. how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...

how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...: inside the window media player showing my deleted i cloud pictures and videos .i couldn't find the images source and cant delete as well.where those all file located and how to delete?Please help me to fix this....
  10. how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. discus media server

2. Try running Plex media server on Chrome and will not start but will on Microsoft Edge