Windows 10: Media sharing question

Discus and support Media sharing question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi I'm just wondering if the above is normal under media streaming settings on widows 10 home edition,I'm trying to share and have being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brianproctor1, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Media sharing question

Media sharing question 0f4c5b0f-30ab-4c3b-ac57-57a46ed6b94a?upload=true.png

Hi I'm just wondering if the above is normal under media streaming settings on widows 10 home edition,I'm trying to share and have being trying to share a folder using kodi(i have contacted kodi)...shouldn't there be an ip address/mac address on the above..every other device on the network has mac address ip etc.

The above is my desktop device but as I said theres no ip etc..kodi wont see it on the network.i tried many steps as outlined on this website about SMB sharing and I'm aware of Microsoft patches that are supposed to interfere with smb sharing

thanks

:)

brianproctor1, Nov 26, 2018

2. Media Sharing

Goodness. The shouting.

Use their instructions?

Media Share

RE:

Setup is quick and easy.

To set up your system for Media Share make sure you have the following:
    • A Media Share-enabled DIRECTV receiver.
    • A PC enabled with media sharing software.
    • An Internet connection and a router.

Shenan Stanley, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

Hi AshGivargis,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    3. What happens when you try to access Windows Media player? Do you have any error message?

Windows Media Player, shares Windows Media Player libraries to other networked players and media devices using universal plug and play. If this service is not running, there might be issues while using this feature.

I would suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Press Windows
      and R
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type services.msc and hit enter.
    3. Search for Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
      and Windows search.
    4. Double click on the service and select Automatic under start up.
    5. Click on Start, Apply and Ok.
    6. Restart the computer and check if is working now.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Media sharing question

Network share not working properly using W 10

Hi Rudi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to run home group troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Home Group.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Also try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Turn off media sharing via Window Media Player on all the machines that show

up in Network as a Media Sharing Device.
    • Tools -> Options -> Library tab -> Configure Sharing... button
    • Uncheck "Share my media to:”
    • Uncheck "Find media that others are sharing" doesn't seem to do it, maybe

require a reboot.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Media sharing question

1. Media sharing question - Similar Threads - Media sharing question

2. Shared media player question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shared media player question: So recently some files in my shared library have been starting to stutter when playing them on my TV via the windows media sharing option from my computer. I dont know what has changed but its only some files not all. I am running Windows 10 and my PC and TV are both hard...
  3. Shared Folder Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Folder Question: We recently replaced one Windows 10 PC with another. PC A had access to a single shared folder on PC B. The folder on PC was set to "Everyone." PC A clicked a desktop link to access this folder. PC A was replaced by PC C, with all files/folders/links transferred over....
  4. Media Player Questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Player Questions: I record music from Audacity and Wavepad and save as WAV, then play or burn on WMP 1: One of these programs WMP? arbitrarily assigns categories to my content such as Artist, Genre, Album, etc. I would like to have them ALL in ONE list without Icons, just text. Is this...
  5. Media Sharing with Xbox360

Media Sharing with Xbox360: I have an XBox360 that want yo use as a media player but can't seem to get the connection with my WIN10 PC. It seems to be a problem about setting the Xbox as an extender. I just would like the simplest solution to use the Xbox as a media player of files in my network. Please...
  6. Windows Media Sharing with Media Player

Windows Media Sharing with Media Player: Streaming video to wifi devices ok when finding through "folders" but can't see any video playlists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-sharing-with-media-player/2ac15199-c59d-4038-89b7-386a784e8fab
  7. Office Sharing Question...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Sharing Question...: So I added a new computer to my paid Office 365 subscription and that shows up on my installs page. My silly question is how can I verify that it is indeed my paid subscription on the new computer and not a trial or what came loaded with the computer as a trial. Sorry about...
  8. media sharing (Windows Media Player)

media sharing (Windows Media Player): I recently purchased a Smart TV, while l do watch content from an external there are occasions its kind of pointless to disconnect the drive for just one file, now l have no issues casting videos to the TV l was hoping for a little more control while in any kind of streaming...
  9. Media Creator Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creator Question: I haven't used MC in a long time now and I have been wondering. Will it download the ISO with the latest build? (1709 or 1803 is fine). Because I don't really want to wait for my laptop to update for a whole day because I'd be really wasting my time. 110492
  10. Network sharing question

Network sharing question: Hi there Any idea how I do this in windows I have two machines currently NAS Linux servers : Brownbear and Gudmundur In Gudmundur I have a share HDD0 available as a SAMBA share. on Brownbear I want to access this HDD. There's nothing (and no need to) in the...