Windows 10: Media sound disabling after switching profiles

Discus and support Media sound disabling after switching profiles in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a Surface Book 2 (Oct 2018), 256g, i7, Nvidia GTX 1060, and have myself and another user actively using the laptop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanOnly, Jan 6, 2019.

1. DanOnly Win User

Media sound disabling after switching profiles

Hello,

I recently purchased a Surface Book 2 (Oct 2018), 256g, i7, Nvidia GTX 1060, and have myself and another user actively using the laptop. I started noticing after I would log in and use the laptop for just general use, emails, youtube and the like, the other user would log in and notice that the default microsoft sounds would work but when opening up a browser to view Netflix or watch a youtube video, there would be no sound whatsoever until a restart has taken place

It's to note that my RealTek HD Audio Manager doesn't appear in the tray or the Nvidia GeForce manager either when starting up the laptop on either profile

I've tried using the windows 10 Reset option and to no avail. I'm hoping to not have to fully wipe a 3 month old laptop to fix this issue

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

:)

DanOnly, Jan 6, 2019
  2. echobeach Win User

N73 (Standard): Disabling the switch-on sound

How do I disable the sound/phrase that plays when I switch on the phone.

At the moment, I have to engage the 'Silent' profile before I switch it off.

echobeach, Jan 6, 2019
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jan 6, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Media sound disabling after switching profiles :p

cadaveca, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Media sound disabling after switching profiles - Similar Threads - Media sound disabling

2. Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles: I use my Galaxy Buds+ on my Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop and they have been working fine up until about a week ago.I have spent many hours trawling through troubleshooting guides online and have uninstalled and re-installed all my bluetooth and audio drivers many times, with no...
  3. Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles: I use my Galaxy Buds+ on my Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop and they have been working fine up until about a week ago.I have spent many hours trawling through troubleshooting guides online and have uninstalled and re-installed all my bluetooth and audio drivers many times, with no...
  4. Sound profile keeps switching whenever I switch windows ALT+TAB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound profile keeps switching whenever I switch windows ALT+TAB?: I multitask a lot so there are a lot of times when I keep switching between two different windows. Suppose I am on Spotify and playing a song at a volume of 80, as soon as I switch to chrome the volume goes to 60 automatically. Also if I mute audio on one window and then I...
  5. Sound profile keeps switching whenever I switch windows ALT+TAB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound profile keeps switching whenever I switch windows ALT+TAB?: I multitask a lot so there are a lot of times when I keep switching between two different windows. Suppose I am on Spotify and playing a song at a volume of 80, as soon as I switch to chrome the volume goes to 60 automatically. Also if I mute audio on one window and then I...
  6. Sound profile keeps switching whenever I switch windows ALT+TAB?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Battery profile switching problem

Battery profile switching problem: Hello. When I plug in my charger into the laptop it goes into my saving mode profile and when I unplug it, it goes into the charging mode profile. So basically my profiles are the other way around. Is there a way to put it back to normal?...
  8. Mom and grandsons profiles switched

Mom and grandsons profiles switched: My mom called me over to her house to try and figure out what was going on with her laptop. She has an Acer laptop running Windows 10. She managed to do something that swapped the user names and e-mail address on her and my nephew's her grandson's accounts on her laptop....
  9. Media sound disabling after switching profiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Media sound disabling after switching profiles: Hello, I recently purchased a Surface Book 2 (Oct 2018), 256g, i7, Nvidia GTX 1060, and have myself and another user actively using the laptop. I started noticing after I would log in and use the laptop for just general use, emails, youtube and the like, the other user would...
  10. Windows 10 - Sound and user profile switching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Sound and user profile switching: Since upgrading to the latest Windows 10 build (not insider build), I've been having an issue where Windows doesn't want to play sound until the sound card was deleted from device manager and then reinstalled. Strangely though, it normally seems to be specific to one user...