Windows 10: Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?

Discus and support Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I use "media streaming" on my desktop PC to allow other devices to access video files stored on the PC hard drive - the PC acts as a DLNA server, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shasarak, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Shasarak Win User

Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?

I use "media streaming" on my desktop PC to allow other devices to access video files stored on the PC hard drive - the PC acts as a DLNA server, and the other devices as clients. The PC is running Windows 10 Home, with everything updated. Under "Media Streaming" settings I enable streaming, then set up the libraries in Media Player.The issue is the way that doing this interacts with sleep mode.The way things USED to work was exactly what I wanted. In Advanced Power Options, under multimedia, I would set the option for streaming to be "Allow computer to enter away mode", and set the time to sl

:)

Shasarak, Feb 10, 2023
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Feb 10, 2023
  3. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 10, 2023
  4. Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 10, 2023
Thema:

Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?

1. Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour? - Similar Threads - Media Streaming effect

2. Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?: I use "media streaming" on my desktop PC to allow other devices to access video files stored on the PC hard drive - the PC acts as a DLNA server, and the other devices as clients. The PC is running Windows 10 Home, with everything updated. Under "Media Streaming" settings I...
  3. Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?: I use "media streaming" on my desktop PC to allow other devices to access video files stored on the PC hard drive - the PC acts as a DLNA server, and the other devices as clients. The PC is running Windows 10 Home, with everything updated. Under "Media Streaming" settings I...
  4. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  5. Media Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming: I just installed an internal WiFi adapter in my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I went to enable Media Streaming, I learned that my new local hotspot will allow anyone in range to my PC to see the security password on my WiFi card. I need to know how to hide the security...
  6. Media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media streaming: What is needed to stream mp4s from network PC to TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming/51008635-ebc2-45b5-93c8-cf0e66ea51dc
  7. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: what is media streaming? Is it safe to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/media-streaming/bb50cfc2-26b2-439c-affc-b177caa73d28
  8. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  9. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"
  10. Can not turn on Media streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not turn on Media streaming: When I click on the "Turn on media streaming", the first time I tried it I got the circle of death for about 2 minutes, then nothing happened. Status says "Media streaming is not turned on". Now when I click on "turn on media streaming" nothing happens. Any help? 41697