Windows 10: media streaming on this computer will not work?

Discus and support media streaming on this computer will not work? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; media streaming on this computer will not work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JerryDykes, Jan 22, 2020.

1. media streaming on this computer will not work?

media streaming on this computer will not work?

:)

JerryDykes, Jan 22, 2020

2. Media Streaming DLNA no longer works after Anniversary edition upgrade

Hello,

Most of the DLNA servers can be fixed by reconfiguring it on your computer. So, I would suggest you to remove the DLNA servers from your computer and reconfigure it again to check if it resolves the issue.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen
    • At the bottom select All network
    • Under media streaming, select choose media streaming option
    • Under show devices on select customize from Xbox
    • Uncheck the Use default settings and check mark make all of the media in my library available to this device

Post back if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Media Streaming not working

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with media streaming on your Windows 10 computers connected in home network. I would suggest you to try the steps provided by
    Sachin Dhir repied on January 25, 2015 in the thread mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Windows 10 Streaming issue with PS3 Media Server

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Alanmac Win User

media streaming not turning on

I am trying to include a Bravia TV in the list of devices with which I can share media from my Desktop computer.. When I click the "Turn On Media Streaming Button" on my Desktop computer nothing happens. I also have a Surface Pro3 and the button works normally on this and streaming to the TV is enabled from the Surface Pro. Sharing between the Desktop and the Surface Pro works normally in both directions. Any ideas for a solution?

Alanmac, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. media streaming on this computer will not work? - Similar Threads - media streaming computer

2. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  3. Media Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming: I just installed an internal WiFi adapter in my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I went to enable Media Streaming, I learned that my new local hotspot will allow anyone in range to my PC to see the security password on my WiFi card. I need to know how to hide the security...
  4. media streaming

media streaming: I have a new desktop computer with c and d drives. the c drive has all the programs and d drive has all the data incl music files. my tv does not see the d drive, how do I change this. both are connected to wifi and I am trying to steam files over wifi....
  5. Media streaming

Media streaming: What is needed to stream mp4s from network PC to TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming/51008635-ebc2-45b5-93c8-cf0e66ea51dc
  6. media streaming switch not working

media streaming switch not working: media streaming switch not working after latest 1809 update to win10pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming-switch-not-working/fbca8118-1bab-4986-abdc-e0ff204d9898
  7. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: what is media streaming? Is it safe to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/media-streaming/bb50cfc2-26b2-439c-affc-b177caa73d28
  8. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  9. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"
  10. Turn on media streaming is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn on media streaming is not working: Turn on media streaming is not working. when I click Turn on media streaming, it does not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/turn-on-media-streaming-is-not-working/a298205b-f312-4102-8430-20e0ae887beb