Windows 10: Media streaming to Xbox One question

Discus and support Media streaming to Xbox One question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have desktop PC with huge secondary HD used to store family photo, video, music, etc. Applicable subdirectories set to share & stream to other devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vol4Ever, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Vol4Ever Win User

Media streaming to Xbox One question

Have desktop PC with huge secondary HD used to store family photo, video, music, etc. Applicable subdirectories set to share & stream to other devices around house. In main living room, we use Xbox One's internal media player app, and then browse to applicable subdirectory on remote desktop.

My question is about codecs. When clicking files with "x" extension, does it use decoders onboard desktop PC (maybe Windows Media Player?) -OR- decoders inside Xbox app itself? We are having trouble with *some* mkv files, but not all which is kind of strange. Some stream fine, some don't. Trying to decide if searching for additional codec packs on desktop (probably shark007) is attacking problem correctly or if focus needs to be on Xbox.

Also, Xbox built in app is SUPER klugey. Typical Microsoft, the new & improved version was massive downgrade over legacy Xbox 360 version, which I thought was really well done. The One's updated version, well, frankly sucks. Also willing to try third party media app on Xbox if anyone has recommendations there.

Thanks in advance, and best wishes for a Blessed 2019!

~Vol

:)

Vol4Ever, Dec 28, 2018
  2. MickD Win User

Stream Media to Xbox 360

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have lost something I used frequently, the ability to stream movies & pictures to my Xbox 360. Apparently Windows Media Center isn't supported on Win10. Looking for any suggestions or 3rd party apps, free solutionsMedia streaming to Xbox One question :) I downloaded and installed Plex on PC and Xbox but apparently their is a charge to stream from my pc using Plex.

MickD, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Xbox One Streaming

Hi Dylan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to stream on your Xbox One S. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When was the last time you were able to stream from your Xbox One S?
    • Have you tried using a different computer and check if the issue persists?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

You may also check the link below for troubleshooting steps.

Troubleshooting Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 DLNA media streaming from PC to Xbox One not working correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen
    • At the bottom select All network
    • Under media streaming, select choose media streaming option
    • Under show devices on select customize from Xbox
    • Uncheck the Use default settings and check mark make all of the media in my library available to this device

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Media streaming to Xbox One question - Similar Threads - Media streaming Xbox

2. Xbox One Stream to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Stream to pc: I have a high speed router like pretty much everyone these days if i want to stream over a local area wireless connection it should be flawless Internet is irrelevent.. How do i stream without this weird garbage of sending my signal via the internet and causing **** delays...
  3. This is a Windows 10 Xbox streaming question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is a Windows 10 Xbox streaming question: I have been trying to get the streaming app to let my headset mic work. I can hear everyone and the game sound but it will not let me use the mic. I reset the network adapter and I tried to turn on Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol. That will not activate....
  4. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  5. Xbox App Connected But no Streaming Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Connected But no Streaming Media: Alright I have spend HOURS trying to figure this issue out. To the point of doing a reboot because "support" said the issue was a corrupted WMP file. Issue still isn't fixed (obviously, I'm here trying to stop myself from tearing out my hair). I am trying to stream movies...
  6. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  7. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"
  8. Xbox one streaming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one streaming not working: Hi all, I have recently brought an Xbox One S and got everything all set up. But I can not Stream. I have Windows 10 running on my Toshiba laptop and have the latest version of the Xbox app. Also stream enabled in Xbox One settings and both are in the same network. Any...
  9. Stream Media to Xbox 360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stream Media to Xbox 360: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have lost something I used frequently, the ability to stream movies & pictures to my Xbox 360. Apparently Windows Media Center isn't supported on Win10. Looking for any suggestions or 3rd party apps, free solutions*Smile I downloaded and...
  10. Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming: How to: Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming How to Enable or Disable Game Streaming from Xbox One [img] Information Game streaming is the ability to play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your home network. This feature...