Windows 10: media streaming

Discus and support media streaming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; what is media streaming? Is it safe to use?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by merickson5630, Sep 8, 2018.

1. media streaming

what is media streaming? Is it safe to use?

:)

merickson5630, Sep 8, 2018
  2. donkey Win User

Media streaming problems

Since I got the upgrade to Windows 10, Media player has been at best quirky at worse totally useless. Originally I could stream media to my televisions but any editing I did in media player was not reflected in the DLNA client on the TV, for example genres that had been deleted or changed still appeared in the list. I tried deleting the media player database with no change, I reinstalled media player and now I cant stream anything at all. The server shows up on my TV with the proper categories but the list is always empty. I have turned on streaming, shared the files and added them to the media player database. Since the primary reason for this PC is to stream media to TVs in my house I am very disappointed, is there anyone who might have another idea that I haven't tried ?

donkey, Sep 8, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    streaming media

It could be that the Flash Player in Edge was disabled after the update. We suggest that you enable it again and see if you are able to stream your media again. Here's how to enable the Flash Player in Edge:

• Open Edge.
    • Click the "..." on the top-right corner of Edge.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Toggle the switch for Adobe Flash Player to enable it.
    • Close the Edge browser window and open a new one.

David Haz, Sep 8, 2018
  4. media streaming

Media Streaming DLNA no longer works after Anniversary edition upgrade

Hello,

Most of the DLNA servers can be fixed by reconfiguring it on your computer. So, I would suggest you to remove the DLNA servers from your computer and reconfigure it again to check if it resolves the issue.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen
    • At the bottom select All network
    • Under media streaming, select choose media streaming option
    • Under show devices on select customize from Xbox
    • Uncheck the Use default settings and check mark make all of the media in my library available to this device

Post back if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

media streaming

1. media streaming - Similar Threads - media streaming

2. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  3. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  4. My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11: I have tried multiple times to fix this and I am at a loss. My control panel does not have "media streaming options" available on the left side of the screen....
  5. My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11

My media streaming options are missing in Windows 11: I have tried multiple times to fix this and I am at a loss. My control panel does not have "media streaming options" available on the left side of the screen....
  6. Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11

Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11: Some users may have experienced this problem in Windows 11.Here is how to fix this problem.1. Go to Settings > Apps > Optional Features2. Click View Features to Add optional features.3. Add or install "Media Player Legacy".4. After installing. Go to Control Panel > Network...
  7. Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming Option is missing Windows 11: Some users may have experienced this problem in Windows 11.Here is how to fix this problem.1. Go to Settings > Apps > Optional Features2. Click View Features to Add optional features.3. Add or install "Media Player Legacy".4. After installing. Go to Control Panel > Network...
  8. I can't get media streaming to work properly

I can't get media streaming to work properly: I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11, my first time using 11 and I can't get the media streaming working correctly.I have media streaming turned on and all the folders I want shared. I can see those folders and interact with them with no problems from another PC on...
  9. I can't get media streaming to work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get media streaming to work properly: I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11, my first time using 11 and I can't get the media streaming working correctly.I have media streaming turned on and all the folders I want shared. I can see those folders and interact with them with no problems from another PC on...
  10. what is media streaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is media streaming?: What is media streaming? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-media-streaming/890a7350-93e8-4fb2-b57c-3bc87cd2a97a