Windows 10: Media streaming

Discus and support Media streaming in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RaynaOvercash, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Media streaming

How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on?

:)

RaynaOvercash, Jul 24, 2018
  2. donkey Win User

Media streaming problems

Since I got the upgrade to Windows 10, Media player has been at best quirky at worse totally useless. Originally I could stream media to my televisions but any editing I did in media player was not reflected in the DLNA client on the TV, for example genres that had been deleted or changed still appeared in the list. I tried deleting the media player database with no change, I reinstalled media player and now I cant stream anything at all. The server shows up on my TV with the proper categories but the list is always empty. I have turned on streaming, shared the files and added them to the media player database. Since the primary reason for this PC is to stream media to TVs in my house I am very disappointed, is there anyone who might have another idea that I haven't tried ?

donkey, Jul 24, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    streaming media

It could be that the Flash Player in Edge was disabled after the update. We suggest that you enable it again and see if you are able to stream your media again. Here's how to enable the Flash Player in Edge:

• Open Edge.
    • Click the "..." on the top-right corner of Edge.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Toggle the switch for Adobe Flash Player to enable it.
    • Close the Edge browser window and open a new one.

David Haz, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Media streaming

Media Streaming DLNA no longer works after Anniversary edition upgrade

Hello,

Most of the DLNA servers can be fixed by reconfiguring it on your computer. So, I would suggest you to remove the DLNA servers from your computer and reconfigure it again to check if it resolves the issue.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen
    • At the bottom select All network
    • Under media streaming, select choose media streaming option
    • Under show devices on select customize from Xbox
    • Uncheck the Use default settings and check mark make all of the media in my library available to this device

Post back if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Media streaming

1. Media streaming - Similar Threads - Media streaming

2. Media streaming just... stops. WHY?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media streaming just... stops. WHY?: I'm running Windows 10 on a desktop PC. Windows boots from an SSD C:. On an HDD E: on the same PC, I have a number of folders with films, TV shows and self-created videos. This PC is connected via Ethernet to my router, an EE Smarthub. Also connected via Ethernet to my EE...
  3. Streaming Media to LG TV - Can Only See Files in the Default Four Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Streaming Media to LG TV - Can Only See Files in the Default Four Folders: Hi There, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my media server and now my LG TV can only see files in the default 'Video' folder on that machine. Similarly, it can only see music in the default 'Music' folder. On my Windows 10 workstation, I have the same result; both...
  4. Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options

Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options: Goal: Watch videos & listen to music that is stored on my PC --- on my LG TV. I have gotten this to work, but not the folders I want. Have connected my Win 10 Pro computer to my wired router. Have connected my new LG TV to my wired router. The PC sees the "Media Devices" of...
  5. Can I turn on Media Streaming from the command prompt (for batch fil)?

Can I turn on Media Streaming from the command prompt (for batch fil)?: Hi, I started using W10 Media Streaming to access videos on my laptop from my Samsgung TV. This works pretty well most of the time, but, sometimes, I run into issues that get sorted by turning off and on the Media Streaming. Some other times, Media Streaming just randomly...
  6. Media Streaming keeps turning off

Media Streaming keeps turning off: Hi. I was just wondering if someone can help me. Whenever i turn on media streaming via network and sharing centre, upon a shutdown or reboot etc it will always rever to being turned off. Is there a way to keep it turned on? Many thanks Anthony...
  7. Media Streaming Turns off when i restart

Media Streaming Turns off when i restart: Hi All. When i reboot my PC Media Streaming is turned off. How do I keep it on? The service is set to automatic, WMP is enabled. When I turn Media Streaming manually, from the Network and Sharing Center, it works perfectly, allowing me to stream content from my Win 10 PC to...
  8. Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA

Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA: Hi, I am trying to setup media streaming to allow me to stream media content from my device to a player on my network using DLNA. The actual DLNA server is working and appearing, and the player device can connect to it fine. However, none of my media is appearing in the...
  9. Windows 10 Media Streaming feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Media Streaming feature: I can very well re-locate my windows 10 user default folders Documents, Downloads, Videos,.....etc. to another drive on the same laptop. This is a very good feature in Windows, but it seems that it is not when it comes to consider media streaming to my Smart TV. If my Videos...
  10. Can't turn on Media Streaming

Can't turn on Media Streaming: "Media streaming is not turned on Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or a similar service that it depends on failed to start. Use Windows services administrative tool to find out more details about the Network Sharing Service and its dependencies." Like THAT is...