Windows 10: Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here

Discus and support Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. Mp3vtag is obviously an excellent program for tagging multi media etc but unfortunately it suffers the same problem as other windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, May 27, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here

Hi there.

Mp3vtag is obviously an excellent program for tagging multi media etc but unfortunately it suffers the same problem as other windows programs that make use of file explorer (or class to it) - namely you come up gainst the file / directory / length limitation (260 chars approx) which you can easily it if you have large music collections on big HDD's

However if you have a VM that can run Linux or have your multi-media files stored on a NAS server there's a program called puddletag (free naturally) which does the same thing as mp3vtag and doesn't have the file name restriction.

example of long file names etc that windows can't handle

Loads of useful functions too

Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here [​IMG]

Cheers

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 27, 2018

2. Voice Tags on the E70

I'll try to answer in steps...

• The voice tags are set by the phone - there's no way of deleting them
    • The voice tags should be set to the default voice call number if you've set the defaults
    • You can't add your own as such, though you can add a nickname to the contacts, and that will be used for the synthesised tag rather than their first/last name.

I think that's it... hope it helps Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here :)

RichCowell, May 27, 2018
  3. IE favourites names too long to import - need to edit html

Hi Ford,

I appreciate you for providing the details of the issue.

I suggest you to perform below steps, if you are comfortable in editing html file.

Follow the steps below.

• Right Click on Favorites file and Click on Open with Notepad.
    • Edit and shorten Favorite name after the Url link.
    • Click on Save.
    To import file try the below step.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on the Star > "Add to Favorites" drop-down > "Import and Export"

• Mark a box "Import from a file".

• Click the Next button.

• Mark a box "Favorites".

• On the next screen, using a Browse button find a file "bookmarks.html", highlight it, and click OPEN.

• Click on "Next" button.

• Click on "Import" button.

• Click on "Finish" button.
    Disclaimer: Make sure to backup Favorites file.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here

1. Media tagging --Mp3vtag with long file names --alternative here - Similar Threads - Media tagging Mp3vtag

2. File name too long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File name too long: I still have an issue with the error "the file name is too long", although it is not. Ihave changed the value in the longpathsenable Keyloccalmachine using registry editor, restarted and same issue !Please advise !...
  3. File Explorer and media metadata tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer and media metadata tags: I don't want file explorer to show ANY media metadata on my entire computer or drive. I have applications for that.I've changed the drive properties > Customize selected "Documents" and checked to flow to sub folders, but when a new folder is created that contains music it...
  4. File Explorer and media metadata tags

File Explorer and media metadata tags: I don't want file explorer to show ANY media metadata on my entire computer or drive. I have applications for that.I've changed the drive properties > Customize selected "Documents" and checked to flow to sub folders, but when a new folder is created that contains music it...
  5. File name too long

in Windows 10 Support
    File name too long: I run Win10: [img] And a browser save on the HDD disk, with filename counting 255 letters. And I cannot rename it, move it, or delete it. And I have enabled in the group policy Win32 long file names: Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10 How can I get rid of...
  6. file name too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file name too long: how to resolve this issue in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-name-too-long/783521af-d0ec-410b-826e-67a50a90159c"
  7. Music tags and player on Linux VM - like Mp3vtag with LONG file names

Music tags and player on Linux VM - like Mp3vtag with LONG file names: Hi folks For people wanting a similar facility to Mp3vtag on Linux whether as a VM or Host -- puddletag works brilliantly -- also by right clicking on the file it will pull in the relevant player for the file type --in this example it pulls in VLC for FLAC I recommend this...
  8. Long File Name Crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Long File Name Crashes: Hi, I appreciate that there are a lot of queries regarding the file names exceeding 260 characters, but when i try to open my folders to rename the files to shorter names I don't get the chance to do this as the window just shuts down again before I can do anything. Is there...
  9. Problems with Long File Names

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Long File Names: Hello I'am Tobias and I have a Problem with long File Names on a share, people used to create files and directories in Windows 7, some of them over 300 characters long. That was not a big problem back then. Now we have switched to Windows 10 and we now have a problem with...
  10. Linux alternative to Mp3tag (handles long file names !!)

Linux alternative to Mp3tag (handles long file names !!): Hi folks If you use Linux on a NAS or on a VM (Virtual Machine) there's an alternative to the Windows Mp3tag (very good but unfortunately suffers from problem windows has with long file names -- not Mp3tag's fault I hasten to add). Program is puddletag -- on Ubuntu /...