Windows 10: Media - WMP and Groove

Discus and support Media - WMP and Groove in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I drag 250Gb of music into the playlist and they bork. LOL. I realise that was probably a big ask but in these days of massive storage for cheap a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DreadLord, Nov 3, 2018.

1. DreadLord Win User

Media - WMP and Groove

I drag 250Gb of music into the playlist and they bork. LOL. I realise that was probably a big ask but in these days of massive storage for cheap a media player should handle it. And don't get me started on why I have 22 albums listed with 1 song in each for a 22 track album.....
    Anyway I am lazy and do not want to do anything, I just want a media player that works OOB. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

DreadLord, Nov 3, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

WMP Problem

It should be there. Let's try again, step by step.

First, find out what version of Windows you have. Use the Winkey + R to bring up the 'Run' box, type Winver then click OK. You should see a version number, 1511, 1607 or 1703.

If you have 1703, open Settings > Apps. For any other version open Settings > System.

Click on Default in the list to the left (in 1703 it's called Default apps).

Scroll down the list to find 'Video player'. This will probably say the default is 'Films & TV'. Whatever it says, click on it to bring up a list of possible apps to set as the default. You should see something like this with Windows Media Player in the 'Choose an application' list. Click on Windows Media Player and it will become the default for all types of video.

Media - WMP and Groove [​IMG]

Bree, Nov 3, 2018
  3. Groove and WMP Issues

I have some music files with .wmp extension. These music files were used to play in Windows media player. Now I am using Windows 10 OS which has Groove music player. When I try to play those music file in Groove they just skip displaying "This application
    doesn't have content usage rights" If I try playing those same music files in Media Player I am getting " WMP has encountered some problem playing this file" Can someone reolve and fix the problem please?

JohnMisquith, Nov 3, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Media - WMP and Groove

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

Media - WMP and Groove

1. Media - WMP and Groove - Similar Threads - Media WMP Groove

2. WMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP: Is there an WMP update i can try as I keep getting a "not responding" sign. Thanks Ian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp/62044689-8767-49f0-ab7f-f75a31a17ff5
  3. music media and groove problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    music media and groove problem: I had personal music files on media player. But media can't find them. Groove player has uploaded them to their player. I can play them all right on groove, but I needed to back them up and groove won't let you burn, or sync. I have a windows 7 media player downloaded on...
  4. wmp 12 or groove music needs codec

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wmp 12 or groove music needs codec: windows 10 windows media player 12 or groove music can't play wma file needs codec to play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-12-or-groove-music-needs-codec/b1064568-ccec-47a9-bb38-6caa4d42fd06
  5. Error 0xc00d4e86 in Xbox Music, Movies & TV, Groove Music, WMP apps

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0xc00d4e86 in Xbox Music, Movies & TV, Groove Music, WMP apps: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will examine the cause and then provide the remediation to the error 0xc00d4e86 you might encounter with Windows 10 native media like Xbox Music, Windows Media Player, Groove Music, or Movies & TV apps when you [...] This post Error...
  6. WMP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMP: Hi DaveM121. Thanks for the fix you suggested yesterday on my WMP problem. 100% now. Wish I had used the community first instead of spending 40 minutes chatting to a technician who had no idea of the problem or a fix. Regards RayMR...
  7. WMP "Apply media changes" will not run

WMP "Apply media changes" will not run: Since the latest 1809 updates, I cannot get "Apply media changes" to run on my Windows 10 desktop PC. Over the last two days, I've tried to run it three different times after restarts and after disabling OneDrive to no avail. [ATTACH] Usually it just stays like this. For...
  8. wmp.

in Windows 10 Customization
    wmp.: in windows 10 how to tranfer music from wmp to mp3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wmp/8763b93a-627d-4bb8-a709-cf962876e3e0
  9. WMP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP: I used to be able to sync my music onto a USB pen drive to use in my car using WMP. However since upgrading to windows 10 WMP is not recognising my pen drive as it did before. I have looked everywhere for an answer and I am not the only one.This is frustrating and my force...
  10. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644