Windows 10: Media won't stream since latest update

Discus and support Media won't stream since latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop updated last night, I selected update and restart and then shut it all down when I had logged in. Today, I am unable to stream any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HowardKeene1, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Media won't stream since latest update

My Windows 10 laptop updated last night, I selected update and restart and then shut it all down when I had logged in. Today, I am unable to stream any media. Tried online content providers, Netflix and YouTube, plus news channels. all say the same, "Oops something went wrong …" The only change has been the latest Update, what's happened ?

:)

HowardKeene1, Dec 13, 2018

2. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Dec 13, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    streaming media

It could be that the Flash Player in Edge was disabled after the update. We suggest that you enable it again and see if you are able to stream your media again. Here's how to enable the Flash Player in Edge:

• Open Edge.
    • Click the "..." on the top-right corner of Edge.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Toggle the switch for Adobe Flash Player to enable it.
    • Close the Edge browser window and open a new one.

David Haz, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Media won't stream since latest update

Can't stream media after last Windows update

Hi Camille,

Please answer the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

• Do you get any error message when you select streaming media button?
    • Is the button greyed out?
    I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

Since the issue occurred after the installation of the Windows update, I would request you to perform System Restore to an earlier date when the update was not installed and then check if the media button works or not.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore >
      Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.
    Please revert if you face any issues with media streaming button in future.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Media won't stream since latest update

1. Media won't stream since latest update - Similar Threads - Media won't stream

2. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  3. Media Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming: I just installed an internal WiFi adapter in my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I went to enable Media Streaming, I learned that my new local hotspot will allow anyone in range to my PC to see the security password on my WiFi card. I need to know how to hide the security...
  4. media streaming

media streaming: I have a new desktop computer with c and d drives. the c drive has all the programs and d drive has all the data incl music files. my tv does not see the d drive, how do I change this. both are connected to wifi and I am trying to steam files over wifi....
  5. Media streaming

Media streaming: What is needed to stream mp4s from network PC to TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming/51008635-ebc2-45b5-93c8-cf0e66ea51dc
  6. Media Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming: I am trying to stream My Pictures from a Windows 10 PC to my Sony TV. The TV can see the folders but not the individual pictures in them. I believe that I have shared the entirety of my pictures folder and subfolders. I cannot turn off the password protection requirement in...
  7. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: what is media streaming? Is it safe to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/media-streaming/bb50cfc2-26b2-439c-affc-b177caa73d28
  8. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  9. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"
  10. Creators Update issue-Media streaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update issue-Media streaming: My laptop just got the creators update. Everything seemed fine but I have a slight issue. I have .mp4 videos that I stream to my Xbox one. Since the update all the video thumbnails are broken. The videos still play but now I get the same generic media icon on every file...