Windows 10: MediaCreationTool change HDD partition strucure and delete my files

Discus and support MediaCreationTool change HDD partition strucure and delete my files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used the MediaCreationTool on one of my HDD partitions to create a bootable partition, but after the tool change the partition structure and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Azuxul_, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Azuxul_ Win User

MediaCreationTool change HDD partition strucure and delete my files

I used the MediaCreationTool on one of my HDD partitions to create a bootable partition, but after the tool change the partition structure and now I can't access anymore the data on this disk.

Screenshot of the disk management app: https://i.azuxul.fr/aiZ99P.png

At the beginning the disk was constituted of two partitions.

Anyone can help me to recover my files? I already tried testdisk but doesn't seem to work.

:)

Azuxul_, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Melvis Win User
    How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Ok guys ive made a big mistake and didn't realize that i haven't backup up my GF's data from her HDD before i deleted the partition. I have not formatted the drive in anyway just deleted the partition. Ive googled around and notice that it is possible to recover the partition , but i just wanted to ask on here first to see what others have done etc? and what program is the best to use to do so?

Her HDD is a slave drive at the moment, and has windows XP installed on it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Lets hope i get her files back or im a dead man.

She doesn't know yet *Eek! MediaCreationTool change HDD partition strucure and delete my files :eek:

Melvis, Feb 27, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

1. MediaCreationTool change HDD partition strucure and delete my files - Similar Threads - MediaCreationTool change HDD

2. Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...: Some Info - I have two HDDs, both of them had unallocated space The issue is with HDD1I tried to expand the volume of a local disc in HDD1 using windows partition manager, in the options I selected all and it assigned the unallocated space of both HDDs to the specified...
  3. Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...: Some Info - I have two HDDs, both of them had unallocated space The issue is with HDD1I tried to expand the volume of a local disc in HDD1 using windows partition manager, in the options I selected all and it assigned the unallocated space of both HDDs to the specified...
  4. Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?: so today i was trying to update my windows but when i restart the windows to install the update it says "We Couldn’t Complete the Updates, Undoing Changes"after the procces complete and im booted into the windows, i immediately check the disk management and saw that my C...
  5. Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?: so today i was trying to update my windows but when i restart the windows to install the update it says "We Couldn’t Complete the Updates, Undoing Changes"after the procces complete and im booted into the windows, i immediately check the disk management and saw that my C...
  6. I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD: So i just upgraded from my HDD to an SSD, and i wanted to just use my HDD for backup, i had my homework there, when i deleted the OS partition from it, i wanted to just connect the unallocated space with the rest with Disk Manager, but i accidentally deleted it instead. I...
  7. Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?: HI so recently I changed my HDD for a SSD for my ASUS ROG laptop and now I'm using my HDD as for space for my games. Thing is that I want to delete the old windows partition on the HDD so I can have more room. What do I do? 138062
  8. Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?: HI so recently I changed my HDD for a SSD for my ASUS ROG laptop and now I'm using my HDD as for space for my games. Thing is that I want to delete the old windows partition on the HDD so I can have more room. What do I do? 138062
  9. MediaCreationTool removing partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MediaCreationTool removing partitions: Hi, Why is the mediaCreationTool removing partitions from my USB drive, i set 2 partitions in windows, 1 of 8~GB for the windows setup and the remaining for whatever since its a 30gb drive, but the tool removes them all and makes 1 20~gb partition filled only 7gb and then an...
  10. Delete OS Partition on HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete OS Partition on HDD: Hi so tomorrow I'm going to change my OS from an HDD to an SSD. Thing is that I want to use my HDD that I'm replacing as back up storage and I heard you can keep your info from the old HDD without having to format it, but you can delete the OS partition of the drive. Anyone...