Windows 10: MediaCreationTool removing partitions

Discus and support MediaCreationTool removing partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Why is the mediaCreationTool removing partitions from my USB drive, i set 2 partitions in windows, 1 of 8~GB for the windows setup and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Timothy.Aapjuh, Jun 21, 2019.

1. MediaCreationTool removing partitions

Hi,

Why is the mediaCreationTool removing partitions from my USB drive, i set 2 partitions in windows, 1 of 8~GB for the windows setup and the remaining for whatever since its a 30gb drive, but the tool removes them all and makes 1 20~gb partition filled only 7gb and then an unallocated 10~gb of nothing.

i expected it to just make the setup in the 8gb partition AS I SELECTED in the choose usb section.

oh and around 69~% of it creating the media (after downloading) it prompts for a format with thedefault format window, is that my current win10 doing that cus it detects an empty drive or is it the creationtool? because when you format at that point you end up with an empty drive and the tool congratulating you of success.. oh and ofc it removes the downloaded files... so yeah have to download again and cancel the prompt instaid.. amazing stuff.

:)

Timothy.Aapjuh, Jun 21, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 21, 2019
  4. MediaCreationTool removing partitions

Sudden automatic appearance of disk partition on Windows 10

Hi,

Please let us know, if you have made any changes prior to this issue.

I suggest you to remove the partition and check.

To delete an existing partition from Windows 10:

• Follow the instructions from step 1 to 5 from the above section.
    • From the right pane of the Disk Management section, right-click the volume (partition) that you want to delete.
    • From the context menu that appears, click Delete Volume.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

MediaCreationTool removing partitions

1. MediaCreationTool removing partitions - Similar Threads - MediaCreationTool removing partitions

2. mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mediacreationtool: mediacreationtool not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool/98a2462a-e4ba-457c-87dd-ff9bd6a2a279
  3. mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mediacreationtool: mediacreationtool not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool/98a2462a-e4ba-457c-87dd-ff9bd6a2a279
  4. Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?: so today i was trying to update my windows but when i restart the windows to install the update it says "We Couldn’t Complete the Updates, Undoing Changes"after the procces complete and im booted into the windows, i immediately check the disk management and saw that my C...
  5. Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?: so today i was trying to update my windows but when i restart the windows to install the update it says "We Couldn’t Complete the Updates, Undoing Changes"after the procces complete and im booted into the windows, i immediately check the disk management and saw that my C...
  6. Can Mediacreationtools create a recovery and reserved partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. MediaCreationTool change HDD partition strucure and delete my files

MediaCreationTool change HDD partition strucure and delete my files: I used the MediaCreationTool on one of my HDD partitions to create a bootable partition, but after the tool change the partition structure and now I can't access anymore the data on this disk. Screenshot of the disk management app: https://i.azuxul.fr/aiZ99P.png At the...
  8. MediacreationTool Fehler

MediacreationTool Fehler: Beim Installieren des Mediact auf meinem USB-Stick wird der Fehler angezeigt: 0x80070005 möchte Windows 10 PRO auf mein neuen pc installieren Danke, im voraus....
  9. MediaCreationTool on USB

MediaCreationTool on USB: My computer has not been booting properly, and I was told the best option was to install Windows on a USB using MediaCreationTool and go from there. However I'm only able to get onto my desktop using Safe Mode with Networking, and whenever I click setup on my USB it says...
  10. MediaCreationTool

MediaCreationTool: Hi, I downloaded this client and it started to download the windows, after its finished i burn the ISO on the DVD and tried to upgrade my windows 8.1 then I got this error : use the other installation disc that says 64 bit...... i`m sure that i downloaded 64 bit version....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MediaCreationTool to partition or unpatition drive