Windows 10: MediaCreationTool1803.exe not compatible

Discus and support MediaCreationTool1803.exe not compatible in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi: Tired executing mediacreationtool1803.exe from command prompt but get the following message: This version of MediaCreationTool1803.exe is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TAC_215, Oct 14, 2018.

1. TAC_215 Win User

MediaCreationTool1803.exe not compatible

Hi:

Tired executing mediacreationtool1803.exe from command prompt but get the following message:

This version of MediaCreationTool1803.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're furring. Check your computers system information and then contact the software publisher.

Purchased computer with 8.1

Rec'd auto upgrade to 10 a few years ago (don't have a product key -- though I don't get that far)

Suggestions . . . questions?

Thanks

T

:)

TAC_215, Oct 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 1803 update fails BSOD/ mediacreationtool1803.exe does not produce viable recovery media

While attempting to update a computer from 1709 to 1803 Windows 10 Pro, I downloaded the mediacreationtool1803.exe from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and attempted to use it install the 1803 update as Windows update and the
    Update Assitant both repeatedly failed, even after troubleshooting updates, DISM, sfc, etc.

After using the media creation tool, the computer went to BSOD after restart (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED)

Automatic repair fails.

Used the media creation tool to create a USB installation media for repair purposes. Shen starting up from the USB installation media, Windows 10 startup fails to BSOD (File: \windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe Error Code 0xc0000098).

Honestly, there seems to be a problem with the mediacreationtool1803.exe

Bret Doelling, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Game Compatibility

Hello Debie,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There are some programs that need new definitions compatible with Windows 10. Till the time they are unavailable you can install the programs compatible with previous versions of operating system in compatibility mode. If you can access the executable (.exe)
    file for the game, I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps:

Step 1: Download and save the game on the desktop.

Step 2: Install the game in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the .exe file, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 8 (or any other compatible OS) in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the executable file to install the game and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Additional information:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 14, 2018
  4. chirp Win User

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. MediaCreationTool1803.exe not compatible - Similar Threads - MediaCreationTool1803 exe compatible

2. exe File properties compatibility doesn't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe File properties compatibility doesn't save: File properties compatibility doesn't save when I restart/close the exe programRight-click the .exe file > properties > compatibility, For example, Disable fullscreen optimizations/Run this program as an adminstrator/change high DPI settingsVideo: https://imgur.com/a/RVL9U7h...
  3. exe File properties compatibility doesn't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe File properties compatibility doesn't save: File properties compatibility doesn't save when I restart/close the exe programRight-click the .exe file > properties > compatibility, For example, Disable fullscreen optimizations/Run this program as an adminstrator/change high DPI settingsVideo: https://imgur.com/a/RVL9U7h...
  4. exe File properties compatibility doesn't save

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Application Exe windows compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Exe windows compatibility issue: Hi, I create a windows project EXE using publish method in Visual Studio 2019. But that exe only works with windows 10, not run on Windows 8 or 7. Why should this compatibility issue occur? How can we build EXE that can be OS-independent?...
  6. Application Exe windows compatibility issue

Application Exe windows compatibility issue: Hi, I create a windows project EXE using publish method in Visual Studio 2019. But that exe only works with windows 10, not run on Windows 8 or 7. Why should this compatibility issue occur? How can we build EXE that can be OS-independent?...
  7. .exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe: So i was not able to run Amd.exe . To do so i went to regedit and under Hkey class root .exe i changed the value .exe to “%1” %* but the mistake i made was i did not gave a space after “%1”. So after i restarted my pc i am anot able to open any .exe files i tried...
  8. Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file: Hi, I am having trouble finding the compatibility tab under properties of an exe. file. I am going through tech support for an issue about software i downloaded from them. they want me to change the DPI settings within the compatibility tab, but i dont see the tab. I...
  9. Windows 10 1803 update fails BSOD/ mediacreationtool1803.exe does not produce viable...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 update fails BSOD/ mediacreationtool1803.exe does not produce viable...: While attempting to update a computer from 1709 to 1803 Windows 10 Pro, I downloaded the mediacreationtool1803.exe from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and attempted to use it install the 1803 update as Windows update and the Update Assitant both...
  10. How do I Set Compatibility Mode on Multiple EXE files

How do I Set Compatibility Mode on Multiple EXE files: Any of you Windows 10 experts know how to set Compatibity Mode on MULTIPLE EXE files? 92738