Windows 10: Mediatek RT2870 Application

Discus and support Mediatek RT2870 Application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an application Mediatek RT1870 Wireless LAN showing up on myu list of installed applications and it is using up over 5GB of space. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by H11TSR, May 24, 2020.

1. H11TSR Win User

Mediatek RT2870 Application

I have an application Mediatek RT1870 Wireless LAN showing up on myu list of installed applications and it is using up over 5GB of space. Is this normal? Can I remove it?

I have checked my wireless adapter and it states that it is a Dell adapter which would make sense as it is a Dell XPS27 all-in-one PC.

The PC is running really slowly and I am trying to remove applicatrions that I don’t use to see if that helps. How can I tell if applications are being used by the PC?

:)

H11TSR, May 24, 2020

2. Publisher MediaTek Blocked?

Using the tutorial Unblock File in Windows 10 didn't work.

Simrick suggested http://www.technicalnotes.org/fix-th...in-windows-10/

From this suggestion I found a workaround of running the driver setup from CMD, which worked, but I'm still left with a blocked file. See certificate details below ...
    Mediatek RT2870 Application [​IMG]

Any ideas how to fix this?

nigelmercier, May 24, 2020
  3. Alfa AWUS036NH Wi-Fi Adapter Driver: Publisher MediaTek Blocked?

Thanks, but it didn't work. I used the PS option:

get-childitem "D:\Downloads\Computer Drivers\Alfa Wireless\ALFA AWUS036NH (Ralink RT2870) Wireless USB WiFi Adapter\MediaTek (Ralink)" | unblock-file -confirm

4. Mediatek RT2870 Application

Alfa AWUS036NH Wi-Fi Adapter Driver: Publisher MediaTek Blocked?

I have an Alfa AWUS036NH Wireless USB Wi-Fi Adapter, which has a Ralink RT2870 chip. Alfa don't have a Windows 10 driver, so I downloaded the driver from MediaTek (MediaTek bought Ralink a few years ago): MediaTek: Semiconductor Products, Technologies and Innovations

Their site says the driver is WHQL certified, but when I try to run it I get a dialog box saying the publisher has been blocked:

Clicking How do I unblock this publisher? just goes to a Bing search, which is not very helpful.

Thema:

Mediatek RT2870 Application

1. Mediatek RT2870 Application - Similar Threads - Mediatek RT2870 Application

2. Issue with Mediatek wlan wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Mediatek wlan wireless adapter: First of all hello, I am having this issue recently it started happening just a week or so ago. When it comes to problem, I would explain it this way:Few days ago my internet started randomly disappearing on top of that when I try and see the issue by opening wifi tap my...
  3. Issue with Mediatek wlan wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Mediatek wlan wireless adapter: First of all hello, I am having this issue recently it started happening just a week or so ago. When it comes to problem, I would explain it this way:Few days ago my internet started randomly disappearing on top of that when I try and see the issue by opening wifi tap my...
  4. Issue with Mediatek wlan wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My wireless Mediatek driver missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wireless Mediatek driver missing.: Hey Guys, i have a problem with my wireless driver, is missing and i dont know what to do. The name is Mediatek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN card and is missing, i only have The Realtek Gaming Gbe family controller, Please Someone help me if u can.BTW: i have an Asus Gaming...
  6. My wireless Mediatek driver missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wireless Mediatek driver missing.: Hey Guys, i have a problem with my wireless driver, is missing and i dont know what to do. The name is Mediatek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN card and is missing, i only have The Realtek Gaming Gbe family controller, Please Someone help me if u can.BTW: i have an Asus Gaming...
  7. My wireless Mediatek driver missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Problem with Mediatek Bluetooth adaptor

Problem with Mediatek Bluetooth adaptor: Hi, I have a problem with the Mediatek Bluetooth adaptor. It said it it had been disabled due to a problem and I deleted it. I want to know how to re-install another....
  9. Publisher MediaTek Blocked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Publisher MediaTek Blocked?: I've posted a thread in the Networking section, but this may be better classified as a security issue ... Alfa AWUS036NH Wi-Fi Adapter Driver: Publisher MediaTek Blocked? 29078
  10. Mediatek Driver not working

Mediatek Driver not working: In windows 7 mediatek driver is work. i can flash android firmware via "SP-FLASH-TOOLS" but in windows 10 software install but "SP-FLASH-TOOLS" doesn't recognize phone.... PLZ tell me what do ... to solve the problem.......... 19621

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot