Windows 10: MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard

Discus and support MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently every time I start my PC after its been shutdown, windows reads a mediatrackprevious key being constantly held down. I uninstalled autohotkey,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spbach, Mar 15, 2020.

1. spbach Win User

MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard

Recently every time I start my PC after its been shutdown, windows reads a mediatrackprevious key being constantly held down. I uninstalled autohotkey, reset the registry with sharpkey, and I've tried uninstalling all of my keyboard related software.

The only thing that fixes it is restarting my computer after it was shutdown and my computer is fully updated as well.

MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard 9617090d-32d3-4c9f-91e3-ae3b9c215371?upload=true.png

:)

spbach, Mar 15, 2020

2. Keyboard refreshs button automatically presses

Hi Ananth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue that you are facing can be due to your keyboard driver. I would suggest that you check your driver, if it is updated. If not you can visit your manufactures website and download it manually.

You can follow the steps mentioned below to check the details of the drivers.

• Click on “Start” button located on your computer screen.
    • Type “Device Manager”, a window will open and in the navigation pane search for “Keyboard”, then right click to check the detail regarding the driver.
    The next step is to Go to your Laptop/Computer Manufacturer's website > Drivers and Downloads Section > Key in your Model number > Look for latest Windows 10 Drivers for it > Download/install
    them.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Microsoft wired Keyboard 600 keeps connecting and disconnecting each time I press a button.

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you have installed the latest drivers for the keyboard and are still facing the issue, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to unplug and plug the keyboard and check if the issue is with the keyboard connection.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 15, 2020
  4. MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard

Keyboard refreshs button automatically presses

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2:

DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard

1. MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard - Similar Threads - MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing

2. My keyboard presses random buttons at times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard presses random buttons at times.: I have confirmed its not a hardwarekeyboard issue by checking multiple different keyboards, including buying a new one. Device manager shows they are 2 keyboards plugged in when there is only one. How do I fix this...
  3. My keyboard presses random buttons at times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard presses random buttons at times.: I have confirmed its not a hardwarekeyboard issue by checking multiple different keyboards, including buying a new one. Device manager shows they are 2 keyboards plugged in when there is only one. How do I fix this...
  4. Keyboard Beeping when pressing Button Combo

Keyboard Beeping when pressing Button Combo: So recently I was playing a game called Metro Exodus, In that game you can walk by pressing x and w, a, s, or d, and so I was trying to walk diagonally x+w+d and I heard beeping and I only walked forward. I had recently switched to a older keyboard as my other keyboard had...
  5. keyboard reads I'm pressing the windows button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard reads I'm pressing the windows button: I have a relatevely new laptop, upgraded my windows to WINDOWS 11 a couble of months ago .. Currently I'm having a very annoing problem which keyboard not functioning correctly, every time I press a key it gives different command as I'm always holding the Window button .. for...
  6. keyboard reads I'm pressing the windows button

keyboard reads I'm pressing the windows button: I have a relatevely new laptop, upgraded my windows to WINDOWS 11 a couble of months ago .. Currently I'm having a very annoing problem which keyboard not functioning correctly, every time I press a key it gives different command as I'm always holding the Window button .. for...
  7. pressed a button on keyboard and screwed it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pressed a button on keyboard and screwed it up: I pressed a button and have no idea which I one pressed but I canàt cannot= get back to my american keyboard. For example instead of an apostrophe I get this à. How do I get back to my old keyboard_ The underscore should be a question mark. The parenthesis above should go...
  8. pressed a button on keyboard and screwed it up

pressed a button on keyboard and screwed it up: I pressed a button and have no idea which I one pressed but I canàt cannot= get back to my american keyboard. For example instead of an apostrophe I get this à. How do I get back to my old keyboard_ The underscore should be a question mark. The parenthesis above should go...
  9. pressed a button on keyboard and screwed it up

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. CTRL buttons on laptop keyboard being pressed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL buttons on laptop keyboard being pressed?: I'm not sure when this problem began but although I'm not touching my laptop keyboard, both of my ctrl buttons are seen as being pressed. I've tried troubleshooting, resetting the keyboard, and even following other advice on here but the problem still continues. I really need...