Windows 10: Meet error 0xc000000e after installing an SSD on HP Pavilion laptop

Discus and support Meet error 0xc000000e after installing an SSD on HP Pavilion laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is a HP Pavilion Gaming 15 with a 1TB HDD. A few months later I decided to get a WD 250GB M.2 SSD and physically installed it myself. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keet9, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Keet9 Win User

Meet error 0xc000000e after installing an SSD on HP Pavilion laptop

My laptop is a HP Pavilion Gaming 15 with a 1TB HDD. A few months later I decided to get a WD 250GB M.2 SSD and physically installed it myself. After the first reboot of installation, I cannot boot successfully and got an error message:

File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi

Error code: 0xc000000e

That said, I will always encounter a blue screen with that message whenever I switch my laptop on. I have been searching for solutions online for quite some time now with no avail. To add to that, I could not execute the command 'bootrec/fixboot' as it always says access is denied. Any help to fix my problem will be very much appreciated

:)

Keet9, Jan 31, 2019
  2. maksic87 Win User

Pavilion Laptop with CPU error code

It may be silly of me but try the next few things :

• See if ram stick are properly seated
    • Try to check did you seated your cpu properly
    • See if all of the cables lie down ok in their slots
    • Check for excesive paste on the CPU socket
    • Try a hard reset of laptop by removing the cmos battery out for 15 minutes
    • Remove your HDD and try to start the laptop
    I hope this will help you a bit. Had a HP Pavilion on a maintenance check a while ago and either you believe it or not he didn't want to start because of a bad hard drive and gave me signal that the CPU was faulty.

Good luck *Smile Meet error 0xc000000e after installing an SSD on HP Pavilion laptop :)

maksic87, Jan 31, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Quad-Core processor HP laptop appears to have just 2 cores

Dutch news today:

"HP will adjust incorrect indication of 'quad' at Pavilion 17
    Olaf van Miltenburg, Friday, December 11th, 2015 13:09, 11 comments • Feedback

HP will adapt the specification lists some 17 Pavilion laptops to ensure that the AMD processor no longer erroneously designated as quad. According to the manufacturer concerned a mistake. Purchasers of the laptop are legally entitled to a repair or replacement.

The mention of the presence of a quad is a mistake that has crept specification lists, says HP spokesman Herbert Wormgoor. "The HP Pavilion 17 is unintentionally put down with a quad-core processor in HP's data sheets. HP has taken action to correct the information. Customers can contact the retailer where they purchased the product for further information and support," the entire states statement from the company.

HP will adapt the information on as many places and stores in light of the steps to take. Details on these steps the company can not give, but the consumer is clear about this. Based on article 17 of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code, a product must meet the expectations of the consumer.

The Authority Consumer & Market clarifies that a product is defective if it does not work as promised by the seller or manufacturer for example in advertising or does not meet the specifications. "In principle, you must first ask for repair or replacement, and only then can you reclaim your money," explains ICT lawyer Arnoud Engelfriet increasing.

It involves Pavilion 17 laptops sold in the Netherlands with model numbers p030nd and p031nd and in Belgium as p074nb. If the laptop also supplied abroad with incorrect processor designation is not known. Not only the specification lists mention the presence of an AMD A8-7050 quad-core, also in commercials and on the box was this designation. Based on a CPU-Z screenshot of a user of Hardware.info, and according to testing the site, it appeared earlier this week to deal with a dual-core performance to match. The AMD A8-7050 seems to be used by HP and it would be the first A8 APU with two instead of four cores. The specifications of the integrated Radeon R5 video chip are correct. There are no dual-core APUs of AMD known, the specifications similar to those of the corresponding chip in the HP-laptops.
    "

Translated with google translate.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106800/h...vilion-17-aanpassen.html?nb=2015-12-11&u=1300

P4-630, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Meet error 0xc000000e after installing an SSD on HP Pavilion laptop

0xc000000e

Windows 10 had been successfully installed on SSD for many weeks, then

installed most recent upgrade. Windows started slowly but worked, sometimes

had to reboot and got 0xc000000e error message. Tried another SSD which

worked fine on same system. Went back to bad SSD and got same error message.

Steps:

Windows 10 instal disk placed in CDROM and boot up

Get error message: 0xc000000e

go to command prompt

type the following:

X:\Sources>bootrec /fixmbr -successful

X:\Sources>bootrec /fixboot -successful

X:\Sources>bcedit /export c:\bcdbackup -The store export operation has

failed. Funny, earlier that was successful?

X:\Sources>attrib c:\boot\bcd -h-r-s -File not found

X:\Sources>bootrec /rebuildbcd -Total identified Windows installations:1

X:\Sources>Add installation to boot list? "Y" The requested system device

cannot be found.

HELP

PeterS1957, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Meet error 0xc000000e after installing an SSD on HP Pavilion laptop

1. Meet error 0xc000000e after installing an SSD on HP Pavilion laptop - Similar Threads - Meet error 0xc000000e

2. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD: I'm using Lenovo G50-80, and additionally added an SSD to it aswell some time ago and the person who installed it upgraded it to Windows 10 aswell. Recently I installed new windows 10 using an Installation Media via USB and after installation whenever I start my computer at...
  3. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD: I'm using Lenovo G50-80, and additionally added an SSD to it aswell some time ago and the person who installed it upgraded it to Windows 10 aswell. Recently I installed new windows 10 using an Installation Media via USB and after installation whenever I start my computer at...
  4. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 0xc000000e error after SSD installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0xc000000e error after SSD installation: I attempted to install a Gammix S50 Lite 2TB SSD into my MSI GL72 6QD to replace the 1TB HDD it came with. I successfully installed the driver into what had been an empty slot then attempted to close it using the free version of Macrium. I copied each of the partitions from...
  6. Error 0xc000000e after fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc000000e after fresh install: [ATTACH] So this happens on the first boot after a fresh install, what the hell? For context I already have a windows 10 on another disk but I know if I install another copy on other disk ill have dual boot and i can choose the windows I want. Yes I have two windows 10, or...
  7. Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10 after have installed a SSD

Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10 after have installed a SSD: I have seem many post about how to solve the error code, in response the original posted by KFergs " Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10 Last reply September 21, 2019 by JamesKemper Created May 11, 2016 by KFergs ", that is locked for any further answer, so I decided to...
  8. Error 0xc000000e after installing a new SSD in HP 14 Pavilion

Error 0xc000000e after installing a new SSD in HP 14 Pavilion: When you fail to boot from the newly installed SSD in HP Pavilion 14 and you get the blue screen of Error 0xc000000e, dont waste your time and effort anymore ..THE ONLY SOLUTION IS to disconnect the HDD and do a clean install of Windows on the SSD. When Windows setup is...
  9. Recovery 0xc000000e error after upgrading to ssd

Recovery 0xc000000e error after upgrading to ssd: I don’t have much knowledge on computer but I’ve decided upgrade the drive to ssd by myself. So I use a partition wizard to migrate the os from hdd to the ssd with an enclosure. After I’ve replaced the drive, the screen showed up ‘Recovery....’ ‘error code 0xc000000e’....
  10. Error 0xc000000e after installing windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc000000e after installing windows.: I have this very strange problem that I cannot seem to fix on my own. So I attempted to build my very own PC and once every thing was good to go I created a windows media creation tool on a USB drive to allow my new system to boot from that. Once my new system booted from...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp pavillion hdd missing after installing ssd