Windows 10: meet now and headphones

Discus and support meet now and headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I prefer to listen to sound on my laptop through my headphones. Since the meet now feature has installed, my headphones occasionally stop working and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by impis, Nov 20, 2020.

1. impis Win User

meet now and headphones

I prefer to listen to sound on my laptop through my headphones.

Since the meet now feature has installed, my headphones occasionally stop working and the sound reverts back to the onboard speaker. Even when i go to the sound settings and ensure that 'headphone' is selected, the sound comes through the speaker instead. The only way to fix it [temporarily] is to do a reboot. After a reboot, all is well for up to several hours, then it will suddenly switch to speakers [despite settings still set to 'headphones'] It's getting quite annoying. I thought initially that it was skype that was the problem - as i've had issues with skype before [turning off the keyboard], so i have uninstalled that today, intending to do a fresh install. However the 'meet now' pop up has still appeared [thought it was a skype thing] and i've still had the headphone problem.

Any ideas on a resolution?

Thanks.

:)

impis, Nov 20, 2020

2. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Nov 20, 2020
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Nov 20, 2020
  4. meet now and headphones

Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

meet now and headphones

1. meet now and headphones - Similar Threads - meet headphones

2. How do I resolve "The PC doesn't meet the minimum systems requirements to install this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve "The PC doesn't meet the minimum systems requirements to install this...: I created a boot drive on a USB using the MediaCreationTool_Win11_23H2.exe. When booting from that drive I am receiving the following error message: "The PC doesn't meet the minimum systems requirements to install this version of windows."I believe the PC does meet the...
  3. I meet the TPM 2.0 requirement for windows 11 hence i tried to run it but met with display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I meet the TPM 2.0 requirement for windows 11 hence i tried to run it but met with display...: my pc doesn't meet the cpu req, even tho i have 4C + 8T AMD a12 9720p r7 radeon I have tried install additional drivers for the same from various websits but nothing worked...
  4. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting: Hello there Yesterday I joined a Microsoft teams meeting using my MacBook. An hour into the meeting, I was “kicked out” as the meeting my log in was transferred to another device.I had all my other devices with me my mobile phone of which Teams was on offload mode on it hence...
  5. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting: Hello there Yesterday I joined a Microsoft teams meeting using my MacBook. An hour into the meeting, I was “kicked out” as the meeting my log in was transferred to another device.I had all my other devices with me my mobile phone of which Teams was on offload mode on it hence...
  6. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My Bluetooth headphone mic sounds vey bad robotic type in meetings teams/ zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth headphone mic sounds vey bad robotic type in meetings teams/ zoom: Hi!I´m having same kind of problem as in this thread, but I do not know how to fix it in my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-headsets-sounds-very-bad-robotic/df37ba4b-848b-47ae-bc86-8857d17f4957How can I find out which hardware...
  8. My Bluetooth headphone mic sounds vey bad robotic type in meetings teams/ zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth headphone mic sounds vey bad robotic type in meetings teams/ zoom: Hi!I´m having same kind of problem as in this thread, but I do not know how to fix it in my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-headsets-sounds-very-bad-robotic/df37ba4b-848b-47ae-bc86-8857d17f4957How can I find out which hardware...
  9. I am not able to use my headphone stereo in google meet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am not able to use my headphone stereo in google meet: This is a problem that I have on my desktop Windows 10. When trying to use the microphone built-in to the my Zebronics Headphones 2, I am only able to use "HeadsetZeb thunder Hands-free" and it sounds really bad. I am not able to use my "Headphones Zeb thunder Stereo"...
  10. Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones

in Windows 10 News
    Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones: New Surface devices, along with new innovations in Windows and Office 365, offer more performance and productivity across your whole life. Today we are proud to share four new Surface products with the world. Products built for people. We put our hearts and souls into...