Windows 10: Meet the new ransomware that knows where you live

Discus and support Meet the new ransomware that knows where you live in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If you don't make regular back ups, might be a good time to start...... There's a new malware attack in town, and it's designed to hit a little... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Meet the new ransomware that knows where you live

If you don't make regular back ups, might be a good time to start......

Meet the new ransomware that knows where you live | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Apr 7, 2016

2. Save file errors 2/24/2018

What did I do? I'm a volunteer giving my time to help you.

If you want to report this to Microsoft use the Feedback Hub app in Start Menu where developers are tasked to process consumer feedback. But Microsoft will not even see it here because this is a tech forums where we are mostly volunteers trying to help solve
    your problems.

Controlled folder access should be off by default. If it was turned on it must have been by a bloated antivirus that has too much control. I would uninstall any 3rd party antivirus and try running the built-in Defender which gives adequate protection, least
    issues, and is from Microsoft who knows how to protect their OS best.

But it is a new feature so to answer your question it arrived with Fall Creators Update Version 1709 as a new feature to protect against ransomware. More here:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft...

I would keep it off.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Graevon Win User
    Where do ringtones that are added, but do not meet the 40 seconds/1MB requirement go?

Well, I checked my music folder countless times too searching for these songs.

Hope you bring updates soon caitlin1759.

Graevon, Apr 7, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Ransomware is getting out of control...

eLPuSHeR, Apr 7, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Unfortunately this will continue until users become better educated and stop clicking on links in spam mail.

I only ever open an email that I am expecting, I know what if any invoices I am expecting, It's just common sense. Strangely enough If I get junk mail through my letter box it gets binned not opened, (often in full view of the person who who just posted it)

Barman58, Apr 7, 2016
  6. TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Meet the new ransomware that knows where you live - Similar Threads - Meet ransomware knows

2. New Variant for STOP ransomware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Variant for STOP ransomware?: Split from this thread.i got the same problem with a different extension of .igvm wahat shoul i do???????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/new-variant-for-stop-ransomware/a1217aa4-70cd-4428-bb9c-210f636ae6a6
  3. Windows 10’s new meeting feature is now live for more users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new meeting feature is now live for more users: With the rise of free video conferencing tools, Microsoft is increasingly pushing Skype’s Meet Now feature across its products. The Insider preview builds recently added the Zoom-killer feature to the taskbar and the same Meet now experience is now rolling out to everyone...
  4. Little change live in the Insider Builds - a new notification to let you know when an app...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Little change live in the Insider Builds - a new notification to let you know when an app...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenmsft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ja1ok5/little_change_live_in_the_insider_builds_a_new/
  5. Do you know a program where you can limit the Internet bandwidth?

Do you know a program where you can limit the Internet bandwidth?: Hello. So I'm looking for a special software, where you can limit the internet bandwidth, so that I can determine how much my PC can use the internet bandwidth. Because that's the problem, I'm currently downloading a large file, and that's dragging a lot of Internet...
  6. new ransomware

new ransomware: Hi all Anybody now the ransomware , he changed extension of files with .id[7C0A4F7D-2254] <PII Removed by Moderator> Thanks *Moved from Windows forums* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/new-ransomware/751a19c5-13ce-4b61-bed0-b67ca78fae67
  7. new ransomware

new ransomware: Hi all Anybody now the ransomware , he changed extension of files with .id[7C0A4F7D-2254] *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ransomware/751a19c5-13ce-4b61-bed0-b67ca78fae67"
  8. New MegaCortex Ransomware

New MegaCortex Ransomware: Hi, is Windows Defender updated in order to prevent attack by Megacortex ransomware? Thank you. Regards. Alessandro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/new-megacortex-ransomware/ad9597bd-7e0a-4087-86b2-b0d3d58777ec
  9. New Ransomware attack

New Ransomware attack: Only 5 days out and Win10 being screwed with. This link was in an E-Mail today: New Windows 10 scam will encrypt your files for ransom | ZDNet 12608
  10. New ransomware lets you decrypt your files — by infecting other users

New ransomware lets you decrypt your files — by infecting other users: Just when you thought ransomware couldn't get any nastier *Shock The malware dubbed "Popcorn Time" locks your Windows computer's files with strong AES-256 encryption, until you a pay a ransom of one bitcoin (or $780 at the time of writing). But this ransomware comes...