Windows 10: MEGA satisfied --swapped W10 Pro for W10 Workstation

Discus and support MEGA satisfied --swapped W10 Pro for W10 Workstation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there even on an INTEL Core i5 6200U CPU HP laptop (dual core) I'm mega pleased I got from work a W10 Workstation license which replaced my W10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jimbo45, Aug 9, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

MEGA satisfied --swapped W10 Pro for W10 Workstation

Hi there
    even on an INTEL Core i5 6200U CPU HP laptop (dual core) I'm mega pleased I got from work a W10 Workstation license which replaced my W10 Pro system -- the performance on even this basic laptop is much better than W10 Pro (and no bloat !!) -- I'd even say it's possibly giving the Linux system when run on the same machine a run for its money.

I think Ms should push this W10 Workstation edition far more -- Brilliant.

MEGA satisfied --swapped W10 Pro for W10 Workstation [​IMG]

Now to add display language etc and I'm good to go with it.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Vayra86 Win User

W10 Home > Pro

Question:

right now I made a bootable USB for W10, off my current installation which is a W10 Home.

Monday I'll use that on my new rig but I want to move to W10 Pro on that one. Is this possible with my bootable USB setup? My guess is that you just re-pick your version based on the activation code, amirite?

Vayra86, Aug 9, 2019
  3. moving W10 Pro license to another computer running W10 Home

I am a long time W10 Insider.

I had a Gateway NV79 running W10 Pro and it bellied up with on board battery issues and is non functional.

I want to move that Pro License to another W10 machine running home.

What are the steps/

Thanks,

Norm Weed

NormanWeed, Aug 9, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Microsoft to Introduce Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs

*Wtf :wtf: So W10 Pro and Enterprise aren't ACTUALLY for professionals or work use....in reality it is now W10 Pro for workstations. I can only shake my head at the obfuscation they are causing at the naming of the other two.

rtwjunkie, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. MEGA satisfied --swapped W10 Pro for W10 Workstation - Similar Threads - MEGA satisfied swapped

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  5. formateo de w10 a w10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    formateo de w10 a w10 pro: al formatear mi laptop a w10 pro con la iso que corresponde formatea mi pc pero el resultado despues de formatear me da el mismo windows 10 que tengo instalado.la iso que uso la descargue de la pagina de microsoft..lo he intentado varias veces pero el resultado es el mismo...
  6. W10 Pro

W10 Pro: Hi all, As part on my A+ studies, I have noticed that some features are not part of the home edition. As part of my training package, I also have some other courses like the MCSE. Would it be a good idea for me to upgrade to W10 Pro? Kind Regards Tim...
  7. Issue with W10 Pro for Workstation Product Ket

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issue with W10 Pro for Workstation Product Ket: I just purchased online from MS, Windows 10 Pro for Workstation. Got the confirmation email that included the product key. I downloaded the MS creation tool to create a install USB stick and I also created a DVD. When I went to install Windows 10 on a new clean SSD at the...
  8. W10 Pro

W10 Pro: Hello on my old PC I delete activation key for w10 Pro with slmgr /upk - W10 Pro is now deaktivated. Now I try on my new PC to activate W10 Pro and ge the error 0x803fa067. What is wrong? Thanks in advance Rolf...
  9. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  10. W10 Workstation Pro edition - Anybody here yet

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Workstation Pro edition - Anybody here yet: Hi folks Just wondering if anybody on these Forums is usimg Windows 10 Workstation Pro yet and if so what's the difference between that and standard W10 Pro or W10 Enterprise. Cheers jimbo 116495