Windows 10: Meltdown protection is off!!!

Discus and support Meltdown protection is off!!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, i have z390 motherboard and intel 9600kf. I already checked my PC whether or not: Spectre and Meltdown vulnerability protection was enabled.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chromerook83998, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Meltdown protection is off!!!

Hello,

i have z390 motherboard and intel 9600kf. I already checked my PC whether or not: Spectre and Meltdown vulnerability protection was enabled. And if i remember correctly both were enabled! But i reinstalled Windows since. And i opened today GRC's InSpectre utility and it says: i am not protected against Meltdown! And there is no microcode update available. That's weird. My hardware is recent, so i would expect, i would be protected already by vulnerability patch added to bios and cpu firmware. I clicked on enable in GRC's utility and restarted PC. Yet after restart it still says: i am not protected! How do i enable Meltdown protection???

I am on latest Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 20h2...

Thanks much!

:)

chromerook83998, Dec 19, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 install - not meltdown protected?

Clean Windows 10 install - not meltdown protected?

InSpectre says my installation is not Meltdown protected, any reason for that?

MarceloVechi, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Meltdown protection is off!!!

1. Meltdown protection is off!!! - Similar Threads - Meltdown protection off

2. Spectre and Meltdown not enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spectre and Meltdown not enabling.: Hi, a couple of days ago I disabled Spectre and Meltdown on my Windows 11 22H2 Laptop and now I am trying to enable it again but I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried using a app called "InSpectre" to enable it but it didn't work and i also changed a couple of registry...
  3. Total Meltdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Total Meltdown: I purchased an HP in December and the start menus have not loaded. The touchpad does not work right. The other day the HP moved the cursor and made a change on twitter while my hands were more than a foot from the computer. I see something about resetting Windows that...
  4. Unable to enable Meltdown protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to enable Meltdown protection: [img] [img] I dont know what to do but from what i've read the Meltdown should say yes if I've updated everything which i have. I'm running the latest UEFI and I've updated any firmware updates. Could someone help me. I've googled myself silly here to no avail. Does the...
  5. Clean Windows 10 install - not meltdown protected?

Clean Windows 10 install - not meltdown protected?: Clean Windows 10 install - not meltdown protected? InSpectre says my installation is not Meltdown protected, any reason for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-windows-10-install-not-meltdown-protected/1d7451f5-8d3f-4b5f-ac5d-c5c69fc684ad"
  6. spectre and meltdown

spectre and meltdown: After installed windows 10 1809 from 1709. I haven't perform any bios/uefi update except windows update. But inspectre program says microcode update available: yes instead of no. not to mention last time I performed bios/uefi update about 2 years ago. I'm...
  7. PowerShell script to Check if Your PC Is Protected Meltdown /Spectre

PowerShell script to Check if Your PC Is Protected Meltdown /Spectre: https://www.howtogeek.com/338801/how...n-and-spectre/ Curious if anyone has run this particular script having followed the directions in the article. I am modestly comfortable running PowerShell but the instructions seemed to get deep into the weeds for me and I aborted. I...
  8. Windows Analytics now helps assess Meltdown and Spectre protections

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Analytics now helps assess Meltdown and Spectre protections: Last month, I shared some insights into what we learned early on in helping customers respond to the industry-wide vulnerabilities of Spectre and Meltdown. A top question we continue to hear from IT professionals around the world is how can they best assess if the Windows...
  9. Protect your Windows devices against Spectre and Meltdown

in Windows 10 News
    Protect your Windows devices against Spectre and Meltdown: Summary This article discusses the impact of the recently disclosed processor vulnerabilities, named “Spectre” and “Meltdown,” for Windows customers. This article also provides resources to help keep your devices protected at home, at work, and across your enterprise....
  10. Intel chips with built-in Meltdown and Spectre protections later 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Intel chips with built-in Meltdown and Spectre protections later 2018: Intel expects to begin shipping its first chips with built-in protection against the Meltdown and Spectre attacks later this year, company CEO Brian Krzanich said Wednesday. The company has "assigned some of our very best minds" to work on addressing the vulnerability...