Windows 10: Memorex External DVD Drive won't format disc

Discus and support Memorex External DVD Drive won't format disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Up until about 6 months ago my Memorex DVD Recorder (Model MRX-550LE) had no problem formatting CD & DVD discs. Now, for some unknown reason it won't.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PCJim(2), Nov 18, 2019.

1. PCJim(2) Win User

Memorex External DVD Drive won't format disc

Up until about 6 months ago my Memorex DVD Recorder (Model MRX-550LE) had no problem formatting CD & DVD discs. Now, for some unknown reason it won't. Nothing has changed on my computer except for Windows 10 updates. When I check it out in Devices & Drivers, it says it's working and the driver is up to date.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do to fix this. This model is also a Lightscribe recorder.

:)

PCJim(2), Nov 18, 2019

2. Trying to get Memorex 8x slim dvd multi format driver for windows xp os to work

Is there anyway to get my Memorex external dvd to work on my PC that has Windows xp?

The problem: Im trying to upgrade my pc to windows 7 ultimate, but the internal dvd drive is not reading dvds. so i bought an external memorex dvd drive. The next problem is that PNY who took over the memorex dvd drives told my that Windows xp is too
    old.

Again, is there anyway at all to install a driver for Memorex dvd drive on Windows XP sp3 OS?

thanks

Brent

brentbeidler, Nov 18, 2019
  3. PCJim(2) Win User
    External Memorex DVD now has corrupt driver

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I had no problem with my Memorex external DVD drive (model MRX-550LEv1). However, now when I plug it in it doesn't function and I get the following error message when troubleshooting:

Memorex External DVD Drive won't format disc aa1d4a0a-ce32-4cd3-83d1-5cc9d682d55f.jpg

Upon contacting Memorex support, their response is:

"Windows error codes from 1 to 10 could be related to the drive itself, but

error codes from 11 to 45 are related to the operating system, for which we

suggest to contact Microsoft"

So how can I fix this corrupt driver?

PCJim(2), Nov 18, 2019
  4. Ed_336 Win User

DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc

My DVD RW Drive E does not recognize a formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc that I am trying to burn.

Any suggestions?

Ed_336, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Memorex External DVD Drive won't format disc - Similar Threads - Memorex External DVD

2. DVD Drive Won't Read Discs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drive Won't Read Discs: Hello! I have a Dell Latitude e6440. The DVD drive just randomly stopped reading disc's a week and a half ago in the middle of playing a DVD. Any ideas of things I could try to fix it?...
  3. external hard disc showing for format disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disc showing for format disc: while I connect my external hard disc with data shows for format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disc-showing-for-format-disc/a36ede3b-89f8-49e3-9511-7347823b0688"
  4. External DVD Drive not able to write onto black discs

External DVD Drive not able to write onto black discs: So I have been trying to burn an iso image onto a blank disc recently, but have had no luck. I've tried so many different fixes to try to do something for this, but I haven't found anything that helps. Every single time I attempt something I keep getting the same error: Error...
  5. DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc

DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc: My DVD RW Drive E does not recognize a formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc that I am trying to burn. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-e-not-recognizing-formatted-verbatim/64c0442b-a193-4511-9413-3efe8f2858ff
  6. DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!

DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  7. External Drive won't play CD or DVD

External Drive won't play CD or DVD: I've installed an external drive Philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 on my Lenovo Ideapad. It appears in devices, says to insert a disc, but it doesn't play. The device whirs for a bit, but nothing shows on the computer screen (other than the little blue circle) and I don't hear...
  8. External dvd drive

External dvd drive: I'm trying to connect a cocopa external dvd reader with no success. Any ideas why it's not connecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-dvd-drive/89b08ee8-6e6d-4287-a820-3526daeb1b49
  9. My DVD Drive won't read DVD discs, but will read game discs, and CD's that contains files.

My DVD Drive won't read DVD discs, but will read game discs, and CD's that contains files.: I have been searching for the past couple of months now. Never had issues before and ever since the major 1803 windows 10 update, my driver is still not working properly. This is ridiculous. My driver will read certain cd's containing files. Game cd's work fine. Does not...
  10. EXT DVD drive won't auto play discs

EXT DVD drive won't auto play discs: Problem after free upgrade with external DVD rw, this is what I did from the Microsoft resolution page, troubshoot hardware and devices, still would not open disc, manual delete upper filters, still not open disc, uninstalled. DVD device showing on the list.........which did...