Windows 10: Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC.

Discus and support Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I purchased a pre-built PC in December that has been running seemingly well for the past few months, however, every-so-often I will get huge lag and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HeyItsRhi, Mar 18, 2020.

1. HeyItsRhi Win User

Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC.

I purchased a pre-built PC in December that has been running seemingly well for the past few months, however, every-so-often I will get huge lag and stutter while playing both online and offline games, even when only navigating chrome or discord, and when I check task manager my CPU or Memory usage will be at around 97-100%.

The usual suspects at the top of the list are the service host tasks and I'm unsure on what to do to fix this. I have ran memory diagnostics, my windows is completely up to date, everything is disabled on start-up and I avoid running lots of applications at a time. Most of the time a simple restart will help but a few hours later my PC is back to being painfully slow.

Here is a screencap of my Task Manager after I rebooted just a few minutes ago.

Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC. d42cf5a5-6bd3-434a-a611-332537e4c48f?upload=true.png

Here is a screencap of my system information.

Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC. 0f433d3e-f90e-4d8f-9dc3-2aeb80e8be0c?upload=true.png

I am new to the whole PC game and greatly appreciate any and all help and advice!

:)

HeyItsRhi, Mar 18, 2020

2. services.exe CPU spikes caused by pc suite update

I have windows 2000 SP4 (yes, i know i need to upgrade). I recently got the update to PC Suite. I now have version 6.86.9.0

every minute or two, task manager shows a CPU spike to 100% that lasts about 3 seconds. the task is services.exe

naturally i started stopping services until the intermittent spikes stopped. the culprit? a service called 'ServiceLayer', which runs the NclUSBSrv.exe and NclRSSrv.exe processes.

as soon as i stopped it, the CPU lag spikes go away. after about an hour, it seemed to run fine, then i opened up nokia pc suite, it started the service again, and the CPU lag spikes came back.

obviously nokia processes are causing some problems, and it has something to do with a change in the last update.

nokia, can you please look into this or tell me how to fix?

thx.

Message Edited by nellweems on 17-Apr-2008 08:17 AM

nellweems---01, Mar 18, 2020
  3. DannyBail Win User
    CPU spikes 'System and compressed memory'

Hi,

I've recently been having issues with cpu usage spiking up to 90-100% every 1-2 mins, causing display and audio stuttering, and, in some cases, input lag. After watching the task manager, the issue sees to be caused by simultaneous spikes from 'System and
    compressed memory', 'System interrupts' and 'Service Host: Local Service (No Impersonation)'. I have run a malware scan with no results. I am using an HP Envy with AMD A10-5750M APU.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

DannyBail, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC.

TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

I have done those, but I still have freezes and crashes. Doing the SFC /scannow resulted in a freeze in my computer. I believe the high CPU usage may be causing crashes. Would it not be possible for TiWorker to trigger a crash because of the massive spike
    in CPU usage caused by it? These crashes and freezes have only occurred in the last few days, and it seems weird to only crash while TiWorker spikes in CPU usage

LoganBatson, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC.

1. Memory and CPU spikes causing slow PC. - Similar Threads - Memory CPU spikes

2. Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?: Hi, I've been having an on and off issue lately with CPU spikes seemingly causes by a Bluetooth mouse. The easiest way for me to cause the issue is to let the mouse sit for a minute with no input and then click or move the mouse, at which point a seemingly random service will...
  3. Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?: Hi, I've been having an on and off issue lately with CPU spikes seemingly causes by a Bluetooth mouse. The easiest way for me to cause the issue is to let the mouse sit for a minute with no input and then click or move the mouse, at which point a seemingly random service will...
  4. sppsvc causes spike on cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sppsvc causes spike on cpu: I got a windows 11 22H2 Home editionfrom OEM, i got an office 365 enterprise, but sppsvc always spike to 10-25% on my cpu which can cause heat for my laptop. Its really annoying, its not the first time i faced this issue, when i was using windows 10 on the same laptop as i am...
  5. sppsvc causes spike on cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sppsvc causes spike on cpu: I got a windows 11 22H2 Home editionfrom OEM, i got an office 365 enterprise, but sppsvc always spike to 10-25% on my cpu which can cause heat for my laptop. Its really annoying, its not the first time i faced this issue, when i was using windows 10 on the same laptop as i am...
  6. Pc running slow but no high cpu or memory usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pc running slow but no high cpu or memory usage: Hi, my pc got suddently slow after the installation of "Nox Player" that installed "RAV antivirus" too. I tried to uninstall RAV antivirus but didn't worked so I used "REVO uninstaller" a tool to uninstall applications, the uninstallation went succesfully of both but the pc...
  7. Identify the cause of CPU Spike and crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Identify the cause of CPU Spike and crash: I am using a Dell 5490 AIO since May and I still haven't figure out the cause of CPU spike. Now, it is causing a lot of trouble because my PC hang twice in the past 4 days. I checked Event Viewer and it only shows the Event 10010 Skype timeout error after the system crashed....
  8. Disk Spikes causing Low Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Spikes causing Low Virtual Memory: I have a 1TB HDD Task Manager and other Performance Indicators are telling me the Disk is at 100%. I Tried, Windows Store Removing the Start up Malware Scans found 1 Evil Cursor Quarantied. System Defrag. System reset giving me Windows.old Nothing seems to Fix,...
  9. TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash: Recently my computer has been crashing a lot resulting in many BSOD's with mutliple different error codes. Some codes include: dpc watchdog violation, whea uncorrectable error, and system thread exception not handled. There is always a major spike in cpu usage from Windows...
  10. CPU Spikes and PC Lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Spikes and PC Lag: So my PC is running normally without any lag spikes in Videos, Games, and everything UNTIL I open up World of Warcraft, then the lag spikes return. Would anyone have a clue about what causes this ?