Windows 10: Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.

Discus and support Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently my Memory and Disk usage have been higher than normal e.g my memory used to sit about 10-15% with only firefox open now runs up to 40%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GlitchG4ming, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.

Hi,

Recently my Memory and Disk usage have been higher than normal e.g my memory used to sit about 10-15% with only firefox open now runs up to 40% and disk averaged 3% with again just firefox open and now goes up to 20% at random. The disk usage problem is being caused by "System". These problems started about 1-2 months ago and i think it was around the time of a windows update. The Disk usage is not consistant either it does it randomly sometimes it will go as high as 70% and then drop back down to 10-15% and i cant find the reason for it.

Here are the solutions for Disk and Memory usage that i have tried so far:

- Update Windows

- Disable Superfetch (now named Sysmain)

- Disable Windows Search

- Changed Power Options to Performance

- Delete Temp Files

- Reset Virtual Memory

- Run Disk Check

- Defrag Disk

- Update Drivers

- Disable Anti-virus Temporarily

- Disabling Hibernate File by Entering "powercfg hibernate off" in the CMD Which I Found on Another Thread

- and possibly more that i cant remember

I have also Reset my PC and still had the same problems. The amount that these have gone up by may not seem like they would effect PC usage that much but i use my laptop for gaming and my FPS has dropped by 10-25fps in every game i play because of these problems.

My Laptop Specs:

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz

- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

- 8GB RAM

- Windows 10 Home

(Yes i know not a good laptop for gaming but i used to get above 60 fps in all games i played until this problem.)

If you need any other information please do ask.

:)

GlitchG4ming, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Nov 26, 2019
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.

Disk usage full, Pc slowed down and fonts changed automatically

Disk usage reduced but the memory shows higher memory than usual and the font of my pc changed completely .... please help me with the font.......

SusindranAvashyu, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.

1. Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual. - Similar Threads - Memory Disk Usage

2. Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes: So I've just installed Windows 11 on my new laptop, and have been installing all the drivers and programs I need. When going to the task manager, I noticed that my memory usage in the Performance tab of Task Manager is aroud 6 gb, but in the Processes tab, it only adds up to...
  3. Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes: So I've just installed Windows 11 on my new laptop, and have been installing all the drivers and programs I need. When going to the task manager, I noticed that my memory usage in the Performance tab of Task Manager is aroud 6 gb, but in the Processes tab, it only adds up to...
  4. Memory and CPU are higher than the combined total of active processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory and CPU are higher than the combined total of active processes: My computer is a fairly decent one, built for gaming and higher speed quality. I have been having performance issues that seem to get worse with time, and I'm not entirely sure why. For example, running games that my computer should be able to handle and used to be able to...
  5. Memory and CPU are higher than the combined total of active processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory and CPU are higher than the combined total of active processes: My computer is a fairly decent one, built for gaming and higher speed quality. I have been having performance issues that seem to get worse with time, and I'm not entirely sure why. For example, running games that my computer should be able to handle and used to be able to...
  6. Memory and CPU are higher than the combined total of active processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.: So I recently noticed that dwm started to use way more memory than it needs and I couldn't find a solution so far from what I've seen. submitted by /u/chuckdankst [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwewhv/dwm_higher_than_3gb_memory_usage/
  8. Sounds are higher-pitched than usual

Sounds are higher-pitched than usual: So since today, out of the blue, my sounds started being slightly higher-pitched than usual. It's not just the windows sounds, youtube and games sound different too. If someone knows how to fix this, an answer would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Troisdorfer...
  9. RAM memory idling higher than normal

RAM memory idling higher than normal: So I let my dad use my laptop for work over the weekend. He left open maybe 30 tabs between word, pdf, and chrome; some downloads too. I noticed my RAM memory is now idling at 30%. I read that this is due to cached data? How can I remedy this? submitted by /u/Yintwin...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable using more memory than usual

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Antimalware Service Executable using more memory than usual: The status quo for me is for WD to be using in the range of 50 to 80 megabytes of memory, but right now it is using 115 megabytes of memory. Yeah it varies a lot. If Windows is doing some background maintenance, WD can use a lot of RAM. Same goes for Windows Apps updates...