Windows 10: Memory and other hardware issues...

Discus and support Memory and other hardware issues... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, version 2004 (OS Build 19041.630)... I haven't been dealing with hardware issues for long time, kind of rusty, could use some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cr00zng, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Memory and other hardware issues...

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, version 2004 (OS Build 19041.630)...

I haven't been dealing with hardware issues for long time, kind of rusty, could use some help...

Couple of weeks ego, the system started to throw BSODs and the issue was related to "MEMORY_MANEGEMENT". A quick run of the MemTest86 showed, that the test failed. Here are the results:

Memory and other hardware issues... [​IMG]

In total, there are 63 errors. Getting new memory to address this issue. Interestingly, during this week, the BSODs did not return.

On the other hand, different problems started to show. For example, the system would have the Outlook ('13) open, writing an email locks up Outlook, then the system goes down hard. There's no BSOD, the system just stops, like when you loose the power and you have no UPS. System booted up with no problems, didn't even complain, but the new email was lost.

Checking the CPU, MB, drives, etc., temperatures show normal temperature accross the board:

The ambient temperature is 68 - 70 degree Fahrenheit...
    The last two or three days, the system runs just fine, no issues whatsoever. That's not a guarantee, that the issue"s" won't return.

On the same system, new version of W10 Pro, 64-bit was installed, v2004/2H, on a different SSD. Nothing fancy, just pretty much default installation no additional software installed. The new installation also had a BSOD, but did not notice the exact cause, but had not been related to memory management. This installation is also running fine now.

Any idea what can cause the occasional BSODs and the system shutting itself off without warning?

:)

Cr00zng, Nov 21, 2020

2. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Jerry8A, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Memory and other hardware issues... - Similar Threads - Memory hardware issues

2. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware reserved memory: Hello,am having a problem with my memory in the last 3 days.As you can see here my hardware reserved memory is 8.1gb ,i have tryed reseting my bios,removing my cmos battery and putting it back again,unchecked maximum memory in msconfig ,set no paging file on system memory in...
  3. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved memory: Hi - my 8GB of ram has been reduced down to 6GB because 2GB of it is hardware reserved. I've tried swapping the sticks around 2 sticks of 4GB DDR4-2666, I've tried Windows Memory Diagnostics, and even looked at the maximum memory option in msconfig. Both sticks of memory are...
  4. Windows still crashing; memory/hardware issue?

Windows still crashing; memory/hardware issue?: I've had a series of technical problems over the past while which I've never been able to completely fixed, I'm hoping that I can get it sorted this time but I'm not sure what it can be at all. I've tried things like: reinstalling windows just did that, updating graphics...
  5. Hardware reserved memory!

Hardware reserved memory!: First I need o say that I use windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I have Ryzen 5 3500U and 8GB ramAsus ZenBook, UX431DA! I said all that information because I tried to do all from Flash my BIOS, Edit somethind in regedit or msconfig, and runned maintenance task! I have 8 gb ram 2x4 and...
  6. Hardware Reserved Memory

Hardware Reserved Memory: Hello everyone, my computer specs are as follows: AMD FX 8350 CPU ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard AMD Radeon R200 270X Gskill 2x8gb 1600hz RAM I have 64 bit Windows 10 pro OS I have the problem that makes half of my RAM 4.1 GB to be exact hardware reserved and cannot be...
  7. reserved memory for hardware

reserved memory for hardware: so,i have windows 10 pro on my fujitsu laptop in the task manager it shows 5.6 gb of ram is reserved hardware and only 2.4 gb ram out of 8 gb is available plus in that 1.1 gb is used for background processes so,in the end i only have 1.3 gb left. how do i reduce the...
  8. "hardware reserved" memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "hardware reserved" memory.: Recently booted up my pc after a bios reset (computer blue screened) and I noticed a lack in performance compare to my computer's normal speed. Looked in task manager and it is classing 8gb of my 16 that's installed as "hardware reserved". I'd like to know why this is, what I...
  9. PC memory overloads and other issues.

PC memory overloads and other issues.: So, I've been using PC's for seven years now, and I've been able to fix every problem I've ever had, but this one baffles me. I seriously can't find what is wrong. I've virus tested, run troubleshoots, the whole nine yards. Let me get this out there: This is the first time...
  10. Hardware reserved memory issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware reserved memory issue: Hey guys. I have an evga p55sli motherboard and a gtx460 graphics card. I have 8gb of memory installed but in win10 and the bios it only shows 4gb usable. When going into the bios it shows 4096 mb available, and in win10 it shows 4gb usable and 4gb hardware reserved. I tried...