Windows 10: memory being eaten up

Discus and support memory being eaten up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! I have a HP 124BS153OD windows 10 laptop. It is a cute little laptop with very very little memory, {57GB}, so every little bit is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RogerHanna_891, Sep 6, 2019.

1. memory being eaten up

Hi there! I have a HP 124BS153OD windows 10 laptop. It is a cute little laptop with very very little memory, {57GB}, so every little bit is important. It does what I want it to do, and I am happy with it.

My concern is that something is eating away at what little memory it has, and I do not know what it is.

I use NO extra storage. I use a flash drive for storage, and store NOTHING on the laptop itself.

I have only 3 extra programs installed: AVG, CCleaner, and Firefox.

Here is the data: Purchased 1/13/19 ... 37.6GB free of 57 = 66% free.

Today is 9/6/19 .. approx 8 months later , and it is down to 23.3GB free of 57 = 40% free

Something is eating memory as a tasty diet, and it is not me, so does anyone have an idea what parasite is doing all the eating?

:)

RogerHanna_891, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Memory all eaten up about once/day

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Increase the paging file (virtual memory) size

Windows automatically attempts to increase the paging file size the first time your computer becomes low on memory, but you can also manually increase it up to a maximum size that is determined by the amount of RAM installed. Although increasing
    the paging file size can help prevent low memory problems, it can also make your programs run more slowly. Because your computer reads information from RAM much faster than from a hard disk (where the paging file is), making too much virtual memory available
    to programs will slow them down.

Follow the steps to Increase the paging file (virtual memory) size

• Press + R and putsysdm.cpl in
      Run dialog box to open System Properties.
      Click OK/hit Enter key.

• In the System Properties window, switch to
      Advanced tab. Under Performance, click on
      Settings option.

• Next, in the Performance Options window, switch to
      Advanced tab. Click on Change underVirtual memory.

• Finally, in theVirtual memory window shown below, uncheck the
      Automatically manage paging file sizefor all drive option. Then highlight your system drive under
      Paging file size for each type heading. For the Custom size option, set the suitable values for fields:
      Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB).
      It is highly recommended to avoidselecting
      No paging fileoption here. When you’re done with inputting your choice, click
      OK, OK, Apply,
      and OK.

Step 2: Install more RAM

If you see signs of low memory, or if Windows warns you about a low memory problem, check the information that came with your computer or contact the computer manufacturer to determine which type of RAM is compatible with your computer, and then
    install more RAM. To install RAM, check the information provided by the manufacturer.

Step 3: Determine if a program overuses memory

If the computer becomes low on memory whenever you run certain programs, one or more of those programs might have a memory leak. To stop a memory leak, you need to close the program. To repair a memory leak, you need to check for updates for
    the program or contact the publisher of the software.

To determine which program is using the most memory, follow these steps:

• Open Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar, and then clicking Task Manager.
    • Click the Processes tab.
    To sort programs by memory usage, click Memory (Private Working Set).

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Sep 6, 2019
  4. memory being eaten up

Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

memory being eaten up

1. memory being eaten up - Similar Threads - memory being eaten

2. Disk Space being eaten away...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space being eaten away...: Something is continuously leeching disk space from C:/ every few seconds. I've ran antiviruses, malware scanners, and even ran MSERT.exe hoping that would find something. Nothing was found from Bitdefender, Windows defender, Avira Security, Avast, Malwarebytes, AVG,...
  3. Disk Space being eaten away...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Space being eaten away...: Something is continuously leeching disk space from C:/ every few seconds. I've ran antiviruses, malware scanners, and even ran MSERT.exe hoping that would find something. Nothing was found from Bitdefender, Windows defender, Avira Security, Avast, Malwarebytes, AVG,...
  4. Internet it eaten by win task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet it eaten by win task: the delivery optimalization properties eats my whole intenet and i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-it-eaten-by-win-task/f5dc6bff-6e5d-4577-9497-24c77798939e
  5. why is ny ram being eaten up, fans on, running slowly, yetin task manager in proceses it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is ny ram being eaten up, fans on, running slowly, yetin task manager in proceses it...: i have looked at all the other posts about this and they havent worked, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-ny-ram-being-eaten-up-fans-on-running/3a845acb-a904-48c5-abab-6e7fcb1e9ad9
  6. my c drive space is being eaten please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my c drive space is being eaten please help: i don't know why , and i don't want to download a tool to fix it. is there any way to fix it? it's being eaten up for no reason and i already tried 1 method and it didn't work. please help. submitted by /u/Speedwadoge [link] [comments]...
  7. 2020 Windows update freed up 40 gigs of disc space, but now every day its being eaten up...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2020 Windows update freed up 40 gigs of disc space, but now every day its being eaten up...: Hi all, After the 2020 May/June Windows update I wonderfully had a mystery 40 gigs freed up from my main C drive. It was great! Obviously the windows installation must have removed redundant or unneeded windows installation files, 40 gigs worth! But now every day...
  8. Ram suddenly getting eaten up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram suddenly getting eaten up: My ram is getting eaten up recently by random applications like Service Host and Windows Explorer taking up all my ram. Also, Start Menu Experience Host is eating up my ram too. What is this? What’s happening? update: windows module installer is taking up ALL my disk all of...
  9. My files are being eaten up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My files are being eaten up: Whenever i download a setup for a software on my pc, the applications setup suddenly reduces to 0 kbs. This also occurs to existing application execution files, and you try to open them an error message pops up saying, "this application cant run on your pc. to find a version...
  10. Memory usage being up at 80 -100% (Help)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory usage being up at 80 -100% (Help): Hi. A couple of days after Windows 10 was released i upgraded from previous Windows 8.1. I had a problem with windows 8/8.1 with my Disk usage always going up to 100%, this problem carried over to windows 10 luckily so did the easy fix for it. (For me disabling Background...