Windows 10: Memory Cache

Discus and support Memory Cache in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have over 3 GB in cached memory on my laptop, and my system is running very slow. Should I clear this and how?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ad2Mollie, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Ad2Mollie Win User

Memory Cache

I have over 3 GB in cached memory on my laptop, and my system is running very slow. Should I clear this and how?

:)

Ad2Mollie, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Maria Fab Win User

cache memory not saving

Hello Mitesh,

Cache memory is designed to speed up the transfer of data and instructions. For us to determine the cause of the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were there any changes made on your PC prior to this? When did the issue occur?
    • Which specific cache memory are you referring to?
    • Are you getting any error messages or warning messages?

Get back to us with the response for further assistance.

Maria Fab, Aug 23, 2019
  3. memory cache

How can i empty memory cache or cache memory ?

SylvainRenaud63, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Memory Cache

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Memory Cache

1. Memory Cache - Similar Threads - Memory Cache

2. Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?: I have 128GB of RAM in my Windows 11 computer. Task Manager shows 15.8 to 16.4GB of it "cached". I've made the paging on the drives smaller, but can I reduce the amount that is "cached"?This is a screenshot from Task Manager....
  3. Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?: I have 128GB of RAM in my Windows 11 computer. Task Manager shows 15.8 to 16.4GB of it "cached". I've made the paging on the drives smaller, but can I reduce the amount that is "cached"?This is a screenshot from Task Manager....
  4. Cached memory slowing performance to a crawl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cached memory slowing performance to a crawl: My photo workstation grinds to a halt on a regular basis. It doesn't crash; it just becomes unusably slow. Often it's not even possible to launch the task master or restart other than via the power switch.The symptom seems to be that memory 64Gb is completely filled with...
  5. Cached memory slowing performance to a crawl

Cached memory slowing performance to a crawl: My photo workstation grinds to a halt on a regular basis. It doesn't crash; it just becomes unusably slow. Often it's not even possible to launch the task master or restart other than via the power switch.The symptom seems to be that memory 64Gb is completely filled with...
  6. Cached memory slowing performance to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to free-up cached memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to free-up cached memory?: How to free-up cached memory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-cached-memory/3566496f-02ba-49f8-8c82-5c7b3c0c7be8
  8. How to free-up cached memory?

How to free-up cached memory?: How to free-up cached memory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-cached-memory/3566496f-02ba-49f8-8c82-5c7b3c0c7be8
  9. How to clear memory cached files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clear memory cached files?: I'm developing in C++ and C# and working with larger files tens to hundreds of GB and performance is a major issue. However, once a file has been read it is cached in memory and subsequent reads no longer go to disk. This makes it difficult to gauge the performance. For...
  10. How can I limit standby/cache memory in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I limit standby/cache memory in windows 10: HiWhen my PC starts up there is 7GB of memory set aside as cache/standby. As I use my PC through the day and over the course of a couple of days this goes up until there is around 25GB cached. When it gets to this point starting an application that requires a lot of memory...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a memory cache for memory for messages